NEW INFRAMES

PassionRE

At 8000rpm it is around 25hp difference and i have done many since that make 90-100 at 8000 rpm. Jim i have been into your motors as well as many other big name builders and you def have a style all of your own. Thats simply what i was trying to say is that the pipe seems to work well with your porting cant wait to see how it responds to everyone elses as well as Calvins.

I think from some of the things you have said about your port work. These pipes will match up very good to your motors. We tested many times on a cast cub with the prototype with better than good results on Kenny's dyno. His dyno reads a lower peak rpm @ 9000. That dyno shows 85 horse-power @ 8000 rpm . I have a lot of sheets from that dyno that show close to 100 hp @ 8000 on gas on a ported motor. So from one machine to the other you can lose 1000+ rpm. We are testing pipe to pipe and that is all that maters to me.

most port work i have seen is very very similar.. mostly i have seen differences in where a different builder/ porter feels the durations should be for certain rpm, HP output.

i havent seen M+M'S ( that i know of) and only seen the multi port design of jim's in stockers.. not any CUB's or CHEETA's/..

i do know that my certain powervalve port is kinda weird in some builders minds... but it works great for me..

if there is going to be a meth and gas version i think thats a first!!???? i ALWAYS thought that a pipe shouldnt run the same for gas to alky and not sure why the porting, dome, carb, reeds can all be specific for alky but the pipe was the same?

i REALLLY hope that this thread dosent get deleted i see it as an introduction to a new product and not necessairly a selling point for them..

i posted a new thread over at atvdrag for these pipes that wasnt started by JIM hopefully it can be a discussion and not noted as an advertisement?

As I said over there....if it was a discussion it's more than welcome and encouraged.

When you introducing a product line that's considered a selling point.

A selling starting point...against the rules. Borrink just started making pipes again...he doesn't even have that many sets out yet he took out advertisement here....

Jim's a smart guy. I'm interested to see how the pipes turn out as well. I ESPECIALLY want alternatives to what is out there from my own personal experiences and problems that I've had with what I currently use.

I think he's on to something as well...which is good for all of us.

However, I'm not sure why you're bothering over here since you claimed 90% of the members here can't tighten their own chain....so pipe discussion and theory must be way beyond their comprehension...

However, I'm not sure why you're bothering over here since you claimed 90% of the members here can't tighten their own chain....so pipe discussion and theory must be way beyond their comprehension...

Shit, 90% of members here still have the stock chain adjustment... I had trouble with those too :lol:

For the record, SRP (Snyper Racing Products) contacted me Friday stating that they will be sponsoring on BansheeHQ by the end of the week. They are making some banners up. Jim had nothing but good things to say about BansheeHQ and informed SRP that BansheeHQ was THE place to start sponsorship.

most port work i have seen is very very similar.. mostly i have seen differences in where a different builder/ porter feels the durations should be for certain rpm, HP output.

i havent seen M+M'S ( that i know of) and only seen the multi port design of jim's in stockers.. not any CUB's or CHEETA's/..

i do know that my certain powervalve port is kinda weird in some builders minds... but it works great for me..

if there is going to be a meth and gas version i think thats a first!!???? i ALWAYS thought that a pipe shouldnt run the same for gas to alky and not sure why the porting, dome, carb, reeds can all be specific for alky but the pipe was the same?

i REALLLY hope that this thread dosent get deleted i see it as an introduction to a new product and not necessairly a selling point for them..

i posted a new thread over at atvdrag for these pipes that wasnt started by JIM hopefully it can be a discussion and not noted as an advertisement?

I can see why some builders feel RPM is tied to duration, Sometimes on some of our stock cylinder engines we are forced to raise exhaust ports to 198-200 @ 76% of bore to reach target BMEP at tuned RPM. Criteria for our pipe is calculated from projected heat and velocity from bmep,calculated kh ,intermediate,belly, stinger factors, blowdown PSI and blowdown duration. All angles are rated bmep and work in conjunction with each other to control expansion and velocity and not lose amplitude @ 15 degrees before the exhaust port closes. Trying not to be too technical here. We will offer a alcohol version because the exhaust gases are cooler and velocity is different .

I have a question. I see you are comparing your pipe to Shearer but I would like to see how they compare to CPI.

I'm not going to lie and say I know pipe design or anything so just follow me a little here. I have tried both the Shearer and CPI and like the CPI better because they seem to be a little easier to stay "on the pipe", if you know what I mean. I'm not a dragger so I need a pipe that a little more user friendly. I seem to be able to get a better eta with a broader powerband pipe then a more peaky pipe.

Also, I would like to see your pipe on some PV Cheetah motors.

When I talked with Gary, he assured me there was a ton more testing in the future with these pipes. They will be offering these in many different configurations for many different motor setups. It really sounded like he is excited about what they will be able to offer.

When I talked with Gary, he assured me there was a ton more testing in the future with these pipes. They will be offering these in many different configurations for many different motor setups. It really sounded like he is excited about what they will be able to offer.

I have been talking to jim about these pipes and hes excited as hell about how they perform. From what I know about these pipes Jim and gary has done there home work

wonder what is going to happen when a few different "versions" of these pipes get out there and people just start selling and trading just to get the "new" pipe, not necessarily the right one for their setup. are they going to mark them some how to be able to tell differences in setups for future/different users? not sure if this is a huge concern, but i hope they put a little thought into somehow telling the different setup pipes apart. :shrugani::shrugani:

I don' t think it will be too confusing at first. We are going to offer three types, One is the standard gas pipe, Second is a alcohol pipe, The third one will be a hill shooter pipe with a 26+ mm stinger all the way out the rear to release some heat off of the engine to help with power fade. This pipe will work with the bigger motors as well. We did test with CPI inframes. The power curve was on top of each other until the CPI's signed off @ 9450. Shoot Jim a pm if anybody wants to test. He provided most of the ported motors I have tested with so far and I did all of the cast cylinder engines.

well it seems to me the 10% that DO at least know the difference between in frame pipes and pipe clamps are the ones that will be interested in this thread.. including myself..

i have a junky 485 cheeta and a old ass 535 powervalve motor i could offer up for testing if wanted.. both currently have shear pipes on them.

also have a 421cc stock cylinder thats set up in a MX chassis to use if wanted..

i started a thread to "discuss" these pipes over there ( atvdragracers)..

Sent a pm about testing... doubt you guys want to try these pipes on a powervalved motor :shrugani:

I have a question. I see you are comparing your pipe to Shearer but I would like to see how they compare to CPI.

I'm not going to lie and say I know pipe design or anything so just follow me a little here. I have tried both the Shearer and CPI and like the CPI better because they seem to be a little easier to stay "on the pipe", if you know what I mean. I'm not a dragger so I need a pipe that a little more user friendly. I seem to be able to get a better eta with a broader powerband pipe then a more peaky pipe.

Also, I would like to see your pipe on some PV Cheetah motors.

PV motors will only be limeted to the basic set-up at rated rpm just like any non PV motor. Typically a 421 PV for example will make around 10 more HP through the midrange than the non PV motor with the only difference being the PV's themselves. Lightening the spring load will give better upper mid-range vs. better lower midrange. All out HP should be the same at max rpm if the valves have been modded for a seamless ex port roof. PV's simply extend the powerstroke and reduce blowdown durations at lower rpm's. Thats where the bottom end hit comes from. A well ported PV will just be insane on these pipes...Jim

wonder what is going to happen when a few different "versions" of these pipes get out there and people just start selling and trading just to get the "new" pipe, not necessarily the right one for their setup. are they going to mark them some how to be able to tell differences in setups for future/different users? not sure if this is a huge concern, but i hope they put a little thought into somehow telling the different setup pipes apart. :shrugani: :shrugani:

I think you'll find out once you get to a certain type of build, pipes are...or should be made for a certain motor, and they're sold with the motor or sold as being built for a motor.

These guys are doing the right thing...stamping 3 different versions of the pipe to try and cover a broader spectrum, but...if I'm reading it correctly...they will still customize a set for your particular build, use and needs.

I've talked to Matt Shearer a few times. People get all worked up on his coned pipes. He himself will tell you his stamped pipe is the way to go because a hand coned pipe for a particular setup is hit or miss. Could be better...more often than not worse than his stamped.

Now...with time and money could he build you a pipe to suite your specific motor? Sure...just as SRP could.

But the money is in a stamped setup for consistency that covers a bigger array of motor and motor types.

I'm going to work with Tom Borrink on a pipe design for my bike...and I'm very excited about it.

I've chosen Tom for two reasons...I want to give him a chance to build a pipe for a known motor and give him a chance to improve on what I have...and...he's a local MI guy, so no shipping of this, waiting, etc.

In the past, you simply threw a pipe on your bike and dealt with what you had. With the addition of both R2 pipes and Sniper pipes...the ideas and competition will do nothing but make us faster and better prepared as well as give us options that were limited before to basically two pipes, Shearer and CPI. I know there are a couple of other vendors out there, RDZ, White Knuckle, etc...but if you looked out there, you'd see Shearer and CPI dominating the markets. RDZ in in that hunt as well.

These are good times and good ideas coming...let's hope all involved follow through to the end and this type of discussion or build just doesn't fizzle out!