have spark but cylinder still not firing

bansheeguy14

I have a slight problem. I think that I know what the problem is but have not idea how to fix it. The left side cylinder(opposite the kick start, the choke side) is not firing. The cylinder is getting spark, but seems like it does not get any fuel to actually make the cylinder fire. When a new plug is put in and ran it looks like new when pulled back out. But when I pull out the choke about a quarter of the way out the cylinder starts to fire like it should, but then when the choke is released the cylinder quits firing. If you guys have any ideas about what I could check/repair then it would be greatly appreciated!

I have a slight problem. I think that I know what the problem is but have not idea how to fix it. The left side cylinder(opposite the kick start, the choke side) is not firing. The cylinder is getting spark, but seems like it does not get any fuel to actually make the cylinder fire. When a new plug is put in and ran it looks like new when pulled back out. But when I pull out the choke about a quarter of the way out the cylinder starts to fire like it should, but then when the choke is released the cylinder quits firing. If you guys have any ideas about what I could check/repair then it would be greatly appreciated!

clean your carbs make sure your jets are clean.

this is just what came to my mind but check it, i put used carbs on my shee and it would only run on the right cylinder till i reved it about 10 times then the left would fire. i cleaned and cleaned many times then i read something about the choke jet, turns out the used carb bowl didnt have a choke jet in it! put on a different bowl with the choke jet in it problem solved! make sure you have the correct bowl on the left side and be sure there is a choke jet in it or clean the choke jet. just another option to try, good luck :cheers:

well, if it works with the choke, then the choke circuit, including the choke jet, is working. look for airleaks bu spraying carb cleaner around the intakes/reeds while it is running, and pry the carb around while you do it, to show any leaks better.....the idle will change when you spray a leak. if it doesn't show, since the cylinder isn't firing, then use some starting fluid or gas. check the float to see if it's moving right, and set right, and the pin is all the way in. did you remove the float needle/seat and make sure there is not junk in there? is the washer behind the main jet? that washer holds the emultion tube in place, and if it slides up a little, then the carb will only pull air around it, and really no fuel. you can see it pop up if you look through the filter side

well, if it works with the choke, then the choke circuit, including the choke jet, is working. look for airleaks bu spraying carb cleaner around the intakes/reeds while it is running, and pry the carb around while you do it, to show any leaks better.....the idle will change when you spray a leak. if it doesn't show, since the cylinder isn't firing, then use some starting fluid or gas. check the float to see if it's moving right, and set right, and the pin is all the way in. did you remove the float needle/seat and make sure there is not junk in there? is the washer behind the main jet? that washer holds the emultion tube in place, and if it slides up a little, then the carb will only pull air around it, and really no fuel. you can see it pop up if you look through the filter side

Well guys I figured out what the deal was and it is running like a champ! I swapped out another set of carbs off of my other bike and bam fixed. So it must be something to do with that left side carb. Just wanted to thank everyone for their help! It was a huge help!