huge jets, basic serval setup.

apeik

Know your way around the bike pretty good ehh..... Haha, just bustin your balls.

That will solve he weird jet issue for sure. The problem is if the motor is trying to rev to almost 10k and it should do so on the main, but the needle is not even all the way out of the main so that it's never flowing what it should at high rpm.

• Like 1

this is a common problem.  the stock cable or cables for the stock carbs dont have the pull distance ( inside the splitter) to open very much over a 30. mikuni DOES make a cable that is spec'd for 35 and also for 39-40mm carbs.  they have the longer splitter in them, THEN  you need to most times modify the stop on the thumb throttle OR you will need a longer adjuster at your twist throttle.  AND the correct cable,  the terry cable has a big long splitter in it to open i think up to 44's. this to me is really basic stuff when switching carbs..  of course if this was on a dyno at a well know shop why was this not checked??   the throttle not opening up all the way will show the wrong jetting for WOT because your not actually running on the main only. 

gonna name my new club WFO on the needles.  :bunny:  Honestly i was to busy trying to figure out why my passion ported cub was only pulling like 60 hp on the first few pulls, switched every piece of electronics and all that.  Ended up switching to 20cc domes and threw some race gas in and it made 82 then the clutch started slipping.  6-7 hp down from the other cub that came with me lol...see a trend here?    

Anyways it crossed my mind one other time that they weren't opening all the way, but the person i cross checked mine with...had the same damn problem so i thought it was normal they didn't open all the way  :shootself: .

Thanks for the reach around guy's, hopefully this makes this thing a bit easier to jet, since on the cub i spent about 20 hours trying to jet it.

ya..When I say 20 hours that was probably real time spent in the desert.. i wasted about a whole season at 300 bucks a trip. It was pretty demoralizing. only way it would run was 175+ mains, 55+ pilot and dgk needles on 5th clip.

edit..thinking back it had to be much worse than 20 hours..Most days I was spending 4+ hours changing jets while out there then..till I couldn't hunch over anymore to work on it.

Edited by apeik

havnt got to ride it. it's at my shop, but there's a lot of businesses around..costco and stuff. only way to mess with it is going over there after 7 and I've been moving my parents. I don't have room to even get outta third either. wish I had time to take it somewhere.

• 4 years later...