Air box

So I got my banshee dialed with 27.5 pilot. Also carb synced the carbs with the sync tool. Question I have is while I was doing the sync the banshee was smoking a decent amount. Once I put my airbox and filter back in it smoked less. Shouldn't it be richer once they went back on or am I reversed.

So do you think it's smoking less because it was more warmed up. Rides better off the bottom now. Easy to take off without any sutter.

Sounds like you were lean on the bottom end. Bigger pilot solved that.

The smoke issue is probably related to the warmth of the motor. You went richer….so you really don't have anything to worry about. I think you will be fine.

Also this time I got a new air box and am not using the lid like before. 27.5 pilots needle 2nd clip and mains are 280. Ran great before except better now on top end. I normally ride at el mirage which is 2000 feet higher. Anyone think I should rejett. I'm currently at 900 ft here but can't ride down here. 300 mains? Or too rich at that altitude.

I think there's been a few discussions about altitude and fuel . Something along the lines of buying fuel at a lower elevation and using it at a higher elevation and the motor not running right. I don't know much about this but maybe that could be the problem. Try buying fuel at your riding elevation see if it makes a difference.

I think there's been a few discussions about altitude and fuel . Something along the lines of buying fuel at a lower elevation and using it at a higher elevation and the motor not running right. I don't know much about this but maybe that could be the problem. Try buying fuel at your riding elevation see if it makes a difference.

Dude....... Really? Different elevation fuel.......

I've got to be honest, that just makes me feel more dumb. I call shenanigans. Please post a source and make me eat my own words though.

Actually he's right. This is just according to a guy that use to drive for us but he said gas refined at higher elevations tend to make an engine run shitty at sea level. I've never seen it in writing but I assume he knows what he's talking about being that he drove a fuel truck for 14 yrs before he worked for us.

So I'm not crazy, thank you. This is like the closest thing I could find to the subject, or I'm asking the wrong question on google

Fuels and Fuel Delivery

Fuels sold in Colorado and other high altitude states in the West, are generally 2 points lower in octane. Simply buy the same grade of fuel you were used to buying at low altitude. For example, if you had 87,89, 93, octane availiable in New Jersey, your choices in Colorado now are 85,87,91. If you were okay with middle grade 89 octane, your choice in Colorado will now be the middle grade 87 octane.

That's a bit different then gas having different refinement qualities due to the height it was brewed at. What you just posted has to do with octane requirements in different altitudes. Still a good fact though. Partially explains why certain areas sell different octane grades.