421 serval jetting

• 3 weeks later...

X2, very good advice here.

cool saved me some time! Guess this is were i will start on mine as well. still waiting on engine to be shipped back but i got some 35's pwk's sitting here to put on mine as well. I've Become very familiar with the stock carbs and jetting but id like to have a descent starting point to save some time with the new carbs. My yz 250 uses a keihin carb so im no stranger to keihins and i have some spare jets.  iirc i have a 55/180 in the YZ but it doesn't have quite the same needs as the shee obviously as its a single cylinder/carb. this is a good starting point atleast thanks.

Isn't a serval "dune" ported as cast?

Dont believe so, Jeffs making mine a 421 serval and he made no mention of it being a dune port. think its ports are very conservative as cast.

Edit: I stand corrected.

A serval basically is a dune ported cylinder. Doesnt mean Jeff cant help with porting and domes and gain everywhere. Most servals I have seen did not like much timing and ended up at the smaller size of what normally is ran in a specific carb. So it may like even smaller than the normal 155 jet in 35s. Your yz dirtbike probably also has a 39mm carb not a 35. 39s need to run bigger jets.

A serval basically is a dune ported cylinder. Doesnt mean Jeff cant help with porting and domes and gain everywhere. Most servals I have seen did not like much timing and ended up at the smaller size of what normally is ran in a specific carb. So it may like even smaller than the normal 155 jet in 35s. Your yz dirtbike probably also has a 39mm carb not a 35. 39s need to run bigger jets.

ya I wasn't comparing jetting since its a single compared to duals not to mention a diffrent dispacement. just noting I'm familiar with the carb type. And have a bunch of spare jets. And meant the post above was a good starting point. Not what's in my dirt bike.

edit: gotch ya serval will probably like less jetting then the cub ill start at about 155 and work down till its right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

On my fast 421 serval I was running +4 timing vf3 and 35 pwks with 24cc domes. My jetting was at 48 and 155 in the summer and 165 in the winter. Elevation is at 1100

What needle and position of needle did you have your in? Edited by Derrickc14