Slides backwards causing jetting change?

ETR174

Have a safe ride. I applaud you on all your patience through this. Even though at times it didn't seem like you were very patient, you struggled, read, got jumped on, read some more, asked some more questions, and made your way through it. Many people would have given up in one way or another. Sold it, burned it, or taken it to a dealer. By working through this, you have gained considerable knowledge it tuning. Now, go have fun. Just remember, never, ever, just "go for 1 more ride". If someone says, "Hey, we're going for 1 more ride. Wanna go with us?". That's your que to just pack it up and call it a day. It's always on that "1 more ride", that you crash really bad and get seriously hurt. So, you just ride and ride and ride, and then call it a day.

Have a safe ride. I applaud you on all your patience through this. Even though at times it didn't seem like you were very patient, you struggled, read, got jumped on, read some more, asked some more questions, and made your way through it. Many people would have given up in one way or another. Sold it, burned it, or taken it to a dealer. By working through this, you have gained considerable knowledge it tuning. Now, go have fun. Just remember, never, ever, just "go for 1 more ride". If someone says, "Hey, we're going for 1 more ride. Wanna go with us?". That's your que to just pack it up and call it a day. It's always on that "1 more ride", that you crash really bad and get seriously hurt. So, you just ride and ride and ride, and then call it a day.

Lol thanks. 2 years ago when I was there last they asked if I wanted to go for 1 last ride and nothing happened. It was this Banshee too, it just wasn't mine at the time.

So about that hesitation, now its all the time and it stays. I have to give it a good couple of blimps of the throttle for it to get past it. Other than that my bike runs solid. I went to a Yamaha dealer and bought another 270 jet so I'm going to pop them in and put new spark plugs in.

Have you looked at the FMF site to see what they want the needle setting at? I know your shindy needles appear to be the same length but have you measured them with a caliper or something fairly precise? Have you checked to see if the tapers are the same. Just seems like you had it close, then played with needles now you have a problem?

0- 1/8 pilot

1/8 - 1/4 pilot to needle transition

1/4-3/4 is entirely needle

3/4-wot is main

There is no ifs ands or butts.

FMF says middle position needle. I put the 270 in, reset the needle position, and now the top end really comes out. I drag raced the Banshee that was my dad's yesterday and beat it by a long shot and the top end really came out, no hesitations.

Yeah. I'm on my way home from up north and it ran good so no complaints really. I want to pull the Fatty's off and see how much shit is in there that I can just burn out. I wish I had money just to buy CPI inframes and throw away those shitty FMF's.