Slides backwards causing jetting change?

ETR174

Ok guys, I know you guys are pissed at me about my whole jetting situation but I am starting to think you guys are correct. I just found out all this time that my carb slides were backwards and now that I turned them around and re synced that the top end RPM is acting shitty. I'm sorry guys I admit, that was a big fuck up. When I finally do get the RPM high enough I let go and it takes about 5-10 seconds for the RPM to drop to idle. Is that a main jet issue? Any suggestions?

I haven't read your jetting story, but I can tell you this. Putting in the slides backwards will make it run slobbery rich. If you compensated for that with much smaller jets, and now you put the slides in correctly, you are waaaaaay lean. Fix it before you melt it down.

Don't read it...it's a HUUUUUUGGGEE waste of time.
  • Like 1

I haven't read your jetting story, but I can tell you this. Putting in the slides backwards will make it run slobbery rich. If you compensated for that with much smaller jets, and now you put the slides in correctly, you are waaaaaay lean. Fix it before you melt it down.

Short version.

Mr. Fucking know it all OP here is 110% sure his bike is supposed to have 400 mains with no port work and fmf at like 200'asl. That's because his dad said so. So it must be right and the senior members here that have had 20 different bikes are all dumb and don't know what there talking about.

So now he realizes he's wrong.

• Like 2

Short version.

Mr. Fucking know it all OP here is 110% sure his bike is supposed to have 400 mains with no port work and fmf at like 200'asl. That's because his dad said so. So it must be right and the senior members here that have had 20 different bikes are all dumb and don't know what there talking about.

So now he realizes he's wrong.

Basically. I discovered the slides being backwards. I was wondering why it didn't have any low end when I took it to the dunes.

Now, take your beating that you've been receiving between the jetting and lighting thread. LISTEN to members here. There people here that have had more banshees then year you've been alive. Had them twice as long too.

Your young, you don't know everything. Your not a bad ass. No one cares about you here.

Rappy rider (Nick) isn't much older then you. But he's a respected member and knows his place. Also has some knowledge to back his shit up.

So grab a pen paper and only speak when spoken to.

• Like 1

Lol no one ever said anything about the slides being backwards

HE discovered it. Not you guys. You were no help to him whatsoever.

Both true. ^^

Although he was told 100 times that 180mains WERE NOT right and something was off. The OP argued left and right that "it ran fine" ...which couldn't have been true if the slides were in backwards.

Alls well that ends well , right?

Both true. ^^

Although he was told 100 times that 180mains WERE NOT right and something was off. The OP argued left and right that "it ran fine" ...which couldn't have been true if the slides were in backwards.

Alls well that ends well , right?

Yeah, it ran fine. Didn't blow up or anything. I'm putting 270 mains and 27.5 pilots in a little later.

Yea..backward slides "run fine".... oookaaaayyy....

Lol to me it did. All the times I've rode it the slide have been backwards. When I deleted TORS I thought that the old owner had the slides in right so I labeled them and put them in thinking they were right the way.