CPI pipe swap running lean

woofy

03 stock stroke and bore ported cylinders,cut head,boyesen reed petals stock cages, stock carbs,k&n pods, have 360mains,27.5 pilots air screw 2 1/2 turns out needle on 4th clip, Toomey needles. Put new plugs warmed up and ripped down road shut down full throttle. Its lean as hell. Seems like 360s would b way big. I'm outside of Detroit. Any opinions? Thanks in advance

360 main is big in these summer temps IMO sounds like you have a air leak. Should be around a 330-340 main since it's ported. New intake boots and gaskets with yamabond on them might fix the issue. How old are the intake boots? Have they ever been replaced? Did you do a leakdown test? Post some pics of the plug so we can see it.

I didn't do leakdown test. Intake boots are original stock. Didn't do plug chop only plugs I had lol. I'm working now. Gonna mess with it this evening. I'm leaving for silver lake Wed night. If I can't get it tuned I'm jus putting t5s back on. Couldn't post pics. I'm in Belleville. Basically 94 and 275 I'm ten min from detroit metro airport.

Trickedcarbine thanks. Was thinking airleak. But had t5s with 27.5 and 280s in it and was rich. Idk if I'll have time this wk. Jus painted my mustang over wkend been crazy busy lately. But next wk would love to try to sort it out. Your probably bout 45min to a hour from me. Hmu 734 320-7785. Thanks everyone for help greatly appreciated. I'll chk back later tonight

Sounds like you have an air leak, that jetting is way off for your mods...... I just re-jetted for the warmer temps and am at 32.5 pilots and 340 mains (ported 4mill on pump fuel)... I'm not too far from you.... I'm in Westland, Mich. Ave and Venoy area...  If you can't get it worked out, let me know I can help you.

Hey zillaguy!! Yeah ur bout 20min from me. I'm leaving for silver lake tomorrow bout 6ish. I work till 4 today. What's ur schedule looking like? Have sum buddy's to race this wkend. Would love to have CPI s on and ripping. Tonight I can bring it by. Lmn 734-320-7785 Tony. And what kinda $ you talking?? Thanks