Does this amke sense?

OK, this side looks good, right?

SBpqIZrs.jpg

and then you turn it around and the other side looks strange.  Both plugs are this way.  What's up with the black lines? 

tcvy5eds.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just a little update for everyone that suggested I switch to K&N pods and held my hand through the jetting process.  I went riding Saturday with my buddy on his 250R.   It was NASTY.  These pics are the cleanest of the day because we'd just crossed a creek (which was a river on Saturday) on the way back to our trucks.  The pods never gave me any issues.  Jetting has still been a tad rich and I started to foul a set of plugs with all the bogging around in the mud so I worked on the jetting a bit more yesterday and I think I have it set perfect now.  I'm running 25 pilots because 27.5 and 30 would not "clean up" no matter what I did with the air screws.  Sounded "trashy or Garbled" is the best way I can describe it.  The needle clip is on the 3rd notch of 6 (yes, my needles have 6 positions) and the mains are 290's with the mods in my signature.  Only thing not listed is that the timing is advanced +4 degrees.  I mix 112 race gas with some ethanol free 90 octane to about 106 octane @ 40:1.  It pulls so hard for a stock motor.  I have not been beat in a drag race by anything but 450 dirtbikes and a CR500 dirtbike although I've not found a modded banshee to race.   I raced one other 'shee but all it had was pipes and the rider sucked.  We even swapped rides and I kicked his ass when I was riding his and he was on mine.  The 250R pictured is set-up nice for trails/woods with lager + 2 a-arms and stage 4 elka long travel suspension, flex handlebars, ASV levers etc but it doesn't stand a chance in a straight line.  His buddy has an LT500r quadzilla and, surprisingly, it is SLOW.   Has lots of instant bottom end power but doesn't rev out at all.   I've raced all the 450 quads, Predator 500's, a bombardier 650 etc. but, so far, none of them have been able to hang with the old banshee in a drag.  Anyways, I'm loving this machine and wanted to say thanks for everyone that contributed.  I had no idea what I was doing when I got this thing a few months ago and this forum has been a big help

6OwGflvl.jpg