PWK 39 vs 40mm lectron GAS carbs

hughmyron

Ive owned 39mm pwk and liked em with my previous setup, just hated taking them off and putting them back on for tuning.

The run down on my new setup is going to be a 421 cub with sb in frame shearer pipes, av gas, not sure on timing yet, 160psi compression and a stock trans. Bike will be a race bike stand up i can rip in the trails by trails i dont mean tight trails. Im curious to see your opinion on which you prefer and why?

Edited by hughmyron

Honestly, I have owned, tuned , or jacked with numerous sets of both and keihins on gas are easier. Lectrons need the needle adjusted which requires 3 screws to be removed which means you have to pull them from the intakes at least, then do the screws. I can do a mainjet swap in a few seconds on pwks , and needle selection is a snap with adjustments made pretty quick. I like either carb but I wouldnt pick one over the other based on how hard or easy it is to physically make the changes. If you have the wrong needles on lectrons you will be out 50 to 70 dollars easy and wait time would be a week. If you have the wrong keihin mainjets you can usually get them locally or do what I do and drill them if you need bigger.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...