Secret Weapon Wins Points Opener Race

SlowerThanYou

Congrats to you STY, sorry I forgot that! :)

I think that´s not bad time for un-ported cyls. May I ask what gearing you used for 1/4? I assume that those are 20x8-10 AR sd23´s.
And if you used manual clutch and stock tranny, what was the 60´?

You told in other post that not much done to this Banshee. Can you  say something about the motor? I can see filters, an aftermarket head and pipes.

+ tires/wheels and front struts.

Do you know what kind of 1/8 time this can do? I´m asking so I can compare it to my own 350 stock frame pump gas Banshee.

Thanks!

Patsi,

We are not trying to go fast with this set-up. It's actually faster than we wanted for our race strategy. The class primarily runs on a .400 pro light & the majority of bikes run 8s - high 9s with a few in the 7s. To sit & wait 4-6 seconds on a pro light is a major pain in the ass.

I think the bike ran a high 8.30, but was mainly in the 8.40s. Our track & weather equals a pretty high density altitude. When we go to other tracks with any of our race vehicles we pick up an easy reduction of .3 in ET & 2 -4 mph gain.

Congrats to you STY, sorry I forgot that! :)

I think that´s not bad time for un-ported cyls. May I ask what gearing you used for 1/4? I assume that those are 20x8-10 AR sd23´s.

And if you used manual clutch and stock tranny, what was the 60´?

The gearing is stock 14/41 & probably needs around a 15/40 to get the best ET/mph for both 1/8 & 1/4 mile.

The tires are our 1/8 mile tires for our fast quad. They are 20x10x10 Hoosiers D10 compound their softest. Too much tire for this bike. LOL! We have them pumped up to 25 lbs. to take away bite.

The clutch has a few tweaks used for reaction times, but it uses no lock-up. We have to lower the base pressure just a little more to get where I want it.

The best 60' this weekend was a 1.80.

We expected to do well with the Secret Weapon strategy, but didn't think it was going to work this soon. We still have 12 points races to go & hope my son gets his 1st Championship!

• 4 weeks later...

Brian Hilderbrand

LVMS Public Relations

(702) 632-8231

bhilderbrand@lvms.com                                                                     March 17, 2014

March 16 Bracket and Jr. Dragster results from

The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Roger Kato of North Las Vegas followed his runner-up finish in the Super Pro class in last month’s season opener by defeating Las Vegas’ Steve Johnson in the final round of eliminations Sunday in the second edition of the 2014 local bracket racing series at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Kato earned the Super Pro title with a pass of 10.065 seconds at 157.39 mph in the final round in his Chevrolet Cavalier while Johnson ran a 9.100 at 156.30.

Larry Pittenger of Williams, Ariz., defeated Boulder City’s Jon Irving in the Pro Class final with a run of 10.327 at 129.68.

Top qualifier John McLaughlin of Flagstaff, Ariz., took the Sportsman title with a final-round pass of 12.865 at 100.91.

Dennis Sacco of North Las Vegas earned the victory in the Motorcycle class, defeating Justin King of Henderson in the final.

In Jr. Dragster competition, Cody Garceau defeated Keoki Desa of Las Vegas in the Thunder class and Trey Vetter of Henderson beat Gabrielle Schmidt of Golden Valley, Ariz., in the Lightning class.

• 4 weeks later...