10mm DMX Testing

SlowerThanYou

Are you married to the stock frame because of the NHRA rules?

kinda what i was wondering... 12lbs would be easy to lose, but i dont know anything about rules and stuff

NHRA rules, plus we haul ass with what we have.

Time for a diet?!

:banana:

I'm pretty lean for 50 years old.

curious to see if u can get in the 9`s brian. i really don`t think most people know what it takes to get low 10`s.  alotta time huffin fumes and vht.

Come on NYUK did consistent low 10s with the small motor on race gas. Ran a few high 9s with the right track & conditions.

You run 10's before in the 1/4 ever?

The above sentence should answer your ?

You got any pics of some lightened billet cases? I know I've got a couple of sets that could lose some material, just don't know how much. And mine weigh a lot more than stockers, but they are spreadbore, maybe that's the discrepancy in the 12 lb figure.

I'd think figuring out gearing to run 10's and 9's would be a chore in itself. I mean these motors wind out pretty quick, almost like you need the best of both worlds, good launch gear, and a good top-end gear that wont run out fast

We had the gearing figured out on the old motor. On our best 1/4 mile runs we would have it in 6th gear well before half track. We pulled a lot of rpm with that motor.

We think we have a good starting point with the new motor, but that has yet to be tried. The small motor we ran 2.86 primaries. The DMX we are running 2.54s with the same basic sprocket difference. We know that we are losing about 1,000 rpm with the new motor.

With the gearing we have to run for the 1/4. The clutch is the critical factor along with a few other tricks to get a good launch. We spend most of our time working on the 60' & 330' times. We don't forget about the rest of the run, because mph past 660' is hard to get with the shitty aerodynamics we have.

Post some of your time slips. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

You wanting old time slips or ones with the DMX? We are not big on sharing our slips, because we grudge race with this bike. We have shared a few slip both on asphalt & 300' sand. They are not our fastest times, but they give an indicater on what we can do.

so its a 64 stroke 80 bore DMX? The 650 class proved to be a good class a few years back before the racing tanked out here.

Yes sir.

im not sure if k&t even have a dyno . imo hp and track numbers go together for the most part. but i also know u are killing some numbers with your gaser. cant wait to see how this turns out for u

Thanks for the kind words on the old motor. We got most of our time with the 60', but we did run a decent mph @ 82. The new motor is going to be on race gas also.