Takai Performance coils/wires

Schweet97Z

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike...

If there's one thing I can assure you it's this...

I've been in this game long enough, not much surprises me anymore...:)

I've read more "I bored by cylinder .080 over...how much more HP should I get now" threads than I care to remember.

I feel u there lol.

Does anyone else not understand why Takai wouldn't have just tested and dynoed this setup themselves? Why on earth would you release a product with out any concrete evidence that it even does anything besides make you $550 poorer. I'm betting this whole set up is going to be a flop and we will never hear about it again.

No grounds? How is that even supposed to work?

geez guys lets hope for the best here everyone is always so set on everything failing to let antone ever want to try something new banghead

hope it all works out good and thanks for taking the time to test and try something new!!!!

geez guys lets hope for the best here everyone is always so set on everything failing to let antone ever want to try something new banghead

hope it all works out good and thanks for taking the time to test and try something new!!!!

You have to forgive us for being very skeptical. Some of the people on this website have been around Banshees since the beginning. They have seen tons of products come and go. The mere fact that no one has ever heard of this and that there are no dyno sheets from the company itself doesn't help clear up the skepticism.

My guess is they don't own a banshee, anymore than Moroso, Accel, MSD doesn't own all the cars/motor combinations they make product for.

Sure...they make a set of wires for a 350 chevy that is put in a gazillion cars...but there's only one banshee motor, one CR250 motor, so on and so forth.

Their design, by my quick reading alone, is a coil on plug not unlike many cars today. Put a coil on a spark plug boot...

My Hemi RAM is like that, coil pack on each cylinder (with actually 2 plugs per cylinder...lol)

My best guess...and this is my opinion only, is in theory it sounds great. No electrical loss through a wire...direct fire to the plug.

No interference from other electronics, etc.

It is grounded through the spark plug, through the motor and through the ignition (Stator).

They are not a new company, quite the opposite. They have been around for a little while.

But again, before I shell out $550...I'd want it proven beyond theory. I'm glad the OP has a device to test...for free I'm sure.

That's the way a lot of smaller companies R&D work. They don't have the budget for in house dynos, lots of bikes, etc.,

They give their product to customers and work off their input.

Tyler, you should be familiar with this...I'm sure you had one of the first set of Rocket Pipes and R2 versions, no?

They counted on your word of mouth (big mouth...lol) to sell/market the product. I'd bet, in turn...they gave you pipes or charged you a bare minimum for them.

If it weren't for you and/or Banshee HQ...Rocket Pipes would've never sold more than a few sets ....count on that.

(I have a set of pipes at my house that were sent to me at no charge for the very same reason, to test and use...I just retired a little early...but you can call me Brett Farve, I'll be back...lol)

Again, I'm not knocking these guys. I am all for new innovation...but with any new shiny product, I remain very cautious in my optimism until proven.

Tyler, you should be familiar with this...I'm sure you had one of the first set of Rocket Pipes and R2 versions, no?

They counted on your word of mouth (big mouth...lol) to sell/market the product. I'd bet, in turn...they gave you pipes or charged you a bare minimum for them.

If it weren't for you and/or Banshee HQ...Rocket Pipes would've never sold more than a few sets ....count on that.

(I have a set of pipes at my house that were sent to me at no charge for the very same reason, to test and use...I just retired a little early...but you can call me Brett Farve, I'll be back...lol)

Again, I'm not knocking these guys. I am all for new innovation...but with any new shiny product, I remain very cautious in my optimism until proven.

Shit! I had to pay for them Rockets but I had confidence in them. Plus, a lot of people knew the Rockets were basically an inframe version of the GRR out frame pipes. So they weren't exactly some brand new product no one had ever heard of. I had both inframe and outframe in hand and the stampings were nearly identical. And without even testing you knew that Rockets would put 5-10 if not more HP on stock pipes. I highly doubt that these new coils will put that out over stock, but we'll see. And I'm sure Tom had done his own testing with the Rockets long before he ever released them to the public, unlike Takai.

I have my doubts as well...but in all fairness...I could put a paper towel roll on a banshee to get more HP than stock pipes...LOL.

I was told how the original GRR/Rocket/Shearer/RDZ pipe thing went down a long time ago, but like everything else, it's all about the story teller's perspective and point of view.

I'm looking forward to test results myself, I just wont' be holding my breath...

My guess is they don't own a banshee, anymore than Moroso, Accel, MSD doesn't own all the cars/motor combinations they make product for.

Sure...they make a set of wires for a 350 chevy that is put in a gazillion cars...but there's only one banshee motor, one CR250 motor, so on and so forth.

Their design, by my quick reading alone, is a coil on plug not unlike many cars today. Put a coil on a spark plug boot...

My Hemi RAM is like that, coil pack on each cylinder (with actually 2 plugs per cylinder...lol)

My best guess...and this is my opinion only, is in theory it sounds great. No electrical loss through a wire...direct fire to the plug.

No interference from other electronics, etc.

It is grounded through the spark plug, through the motor and through the ignition (Stator).

They are not a new company, quite the opposite. They have been around for a little while.

But again, before I shell out $550...I'd want it proven beyond theory. I'm glad the OP has a device to test...for free I'm sure.

That's the way a lot of smaller companies R&D work. They don't have the budget for in house dynos, lots of bikes, etc.,

They give their product to customers and work off their input.

Couldn't have said it any better. Thanks!

Also, anyone that is getting their panties all balled up, you need to take a step back and think about it. You have no ties to this. Im the one doing all the testing, and will try to give truthful honest feedback with graphs to back up claims. I didn't create the thread to get everyone pissed off, but rather to give the banshee community another alternative to an ignition setup. Possibly trying to teach old dogs new tricks? Now that being said, I talked with a Weapon X rep. He is running a Takai setup on his bike and said its hands down the best ignition system even over Weapon X, a company he WORKS for with no intentions of selling me on Takai. He said all the PRO riders that have had the opportunity to try a Takai setup said they have never returned to ignition system that had prior. Stayed tuned for the tests. I will be testing as soon as I receive the new mounting bracket.

I just got the brackets in the mail today. So with the holidays coming up, its going to put alittle bit of a hault to this. But the next free day I get, I will get the coil mounted. My LS1 is currently getting tuned, and it puked a ring gear on the dyno. So once that is out of Ryans shop and tuned, the Banshee will be going in.