I installed one of 2003LimitedBanshee's kits.

tedd1

I know there have been some questions about these kits. I thought I would post some pics and maybe answer some them.

I also want to say that this is a first class kit from a first class guy. :thumbsup:

This is what I got

IMG_6668.jpg

Before

IMG_6670.jpg

After

IMG_6710.jpg

Before

IMG_6671.jpg

After

IMG_6706.jpg

Before

IMG_6681.jpg

After

IMG_6695.jpg

Before

IMG_6683.jpg

After

IMG_6697.jpg

So far I like it ALOT! The fit was perfect and the ride is nite & day different from stock.

And I think it looks pretty good, too.

IMG_6707.jpg

Cost:

$315.00 for Brian's A-arm kit shipped (with Noss tie rods).

$270.00 for YFZ 450 shocks shipped (I got some nice ones off a 2005 model off eBay).

$585.00 Total.

I am happy. :biggrin:

I was looking at spending close to a grand for after market shocks and arms.

I did find some arms on eBay that would work with 450 shocks that could have been had for $350.

Man, I just got back in town after being gone for the weekend and this was a great surprise/welcome to come home to on the HQ!! First, glad you liked the kit so well, I feel they are turning out real nice. Sounds like the install must have gone as painlessly as I anticipated, another "glad to hear it!". I hope you continue to enjoy the kit and thanks again for everyone's (peter also!) good publicity/review. How are those SE Banshee arms treating you Roost? NY98Banshee, I think you contacted me a little while ago correct? Kind of neat to see that I have spoken to everyone on this thread so far in regards to parts and pieces... :thumbsup:

u kept the banshee stock hub and brakes?

how come u didnt upgrade to the yfz 450 hubs and brakes??

how do u like it? i wanna do this 2!!!!

I like it a LOT!! It is SMOOOOOTH!

Yea, the stockers work. Although I have been kinda looking around at some 450 spindles and brakes.

I went and rode yesterday with 450 and did a close comparison with the set up. 2 things noticed:

1. On the 450, the upper a arm mounts are set about 2" back compared to the Shee. The stock spindles are pretty much straight up (90* to the ground) when used with the 450 arms. I am a little afraid that the upper a arms being set forward on the Shee would cause the 450 spindles to be raked forward at the top. That would mean massive bump steer. I would like to see a Shee converted with 450 spindles. I could be way off.

2. The front is wiiiiiiiiide! Be careful. About 4" wider than stock rear, soooo....... Looks like I will be modding the rear shortly.

(Oh, will it never end?)

Do it, you will like it!

PS...It is SMOOOOOTH!

I forgot...if you do this, get the Noss tie rods.

Edited by tedd1

I like it a LOT!! It is SMOOOOOTH!

Yea, the stockers work. Although I have been kinda looking around at some 450 spindles and brakes.

I went and rode yesterday with 450 and did a close comparison with the set up. 2 things noticed:

1. On the 450, the upper a arm mounts are set about 2" back compared to the Shee. The stock spindles are pretty much straight up (90* to the ground) when used with the 450 arms. I am a little afraid that the upper a arms being set forward on the Shee would cause the 450 spindles to be raked forward at the top. That would mean massive bump steer. I would like to see a Shee converted with 450 spindles. I could be way off.

2. The front is wiiiiiiiiide! Be careful. About 4" wider than stock rear, soooo....... Looks like I will be modding the rear shortly.

(Oh, will it never end?)

Do it, you will like it!

PS...It is SMOOOOOTH!

I forgot...if you do this, get the Noss tie rods.

i used the 450 spindles and hubs on my conversion for a couple of reasons and they work awsome, much less stress on the ball joints.

Ben wrote it best:

"The angle of the balljoint mounts; look at a stock Banshee spindle and the upper mount is angled downwards, the upper a-arm balljoint hits the limit of it's travel and the spindle can't travel any farther. The YFZ450 spindle upper balljoint mount is flat; the spindle can travel farther downwards before the balljoint binds (and conversely it can't travel as far upwards before it binds)."

with the 450 spindles i think you get 3 more inches added travel.

i have a set i will be selling if your interested, hubs and spindles are in awsome condition i think there off a 2004 or 2005 yfz 450 very low hours super clean, let me know

thanks peter.

i used the 450 spindles and hubs on my conversion for a couple of reasons and they work awsome, much less stress on the ball joints.

Ben wrote it best:

"The angle of the balljoint mounts; look at a stock Banshee spindle and the upper mount is angled downwards, the upper a-arm balljoint hits the limit of it's travel and the spindle can't travel any farther. The YFZ450 spindle upper balljoint mount is flat; the spindle can travel farther downwards before the balljoint binds (and conversely it can't travel as far upwards before it binds)."

with the 450 spindles i think you get 3 more inches added travel.

i have a set i will be selling if your interested, hubs and spindles are in awsome condition i think there off a 2004 or 2005 yfz 450 very low hours super clean, let me know

thanks peter.

I ran the suspension top to bottom without the shocks and it will go further than the shocks will let it. Way further up and a couple inches down.

I don't think it will max out the ball joints as long as the shocks are in place?

If I run 450 spindles will Shee hubs and calipers fit?

Or, do I have to swap it all out?

:shrug:

I ran the suspension top to bottom without the shocks and it will go further than the shocks will let it. Way further up and a couple inches down.

I don't think it will max out the ball joints as long as the shocks are in place?

If I run 450 spindles will Shee hubs and calipers fit?

Or, do I have to swap it all out?

:shrug:

you will have to run the yfz spindles and hubs together. However you can use your stock banshee calipers. they work fine. trust me you want to do this because of the angle you makeing with the bashee spindles. to much for the ball joints. it might not look bad right now but when you switch everything out to the yfz spindles and hubs you will see how much better the package works. everything lines up and theres no crazy angles at differnet connections.

you will have to run the yfz spindles and hubs together. However you can use your stock banshee calipers. they work fine. trust me you want to do this because of the angle you makeing with the bashee spindles. to much for the ball joints. it might not look bad right now but when you switch everything out to the yfz spindles and hubs you will see how much better the package works. everything lines up and theres no crazy angles at differnet connections.

Well, I am convinced...

I applaud the write up on this subject. Great addition to the HQ!

:thanks:

I will update with more pics when I get the spindles and hubs installed...

Ummm, I'm gonna have to widen the rear about an inch on each side, does anyone have suggestions on the best way to do that?

Edited by tedd1

Well, I am convinced...

:thanks:

I will update with more pics when I get the spindles and hubs installed...

Ummm, I'm gonna have to widen the rear about an inch on each side, does anyone have suggestions on the best way to do that?

Don't just go by what I have to say as I only rock the TCS modified YFZ450 shocks on the front of my red bike, but this is certainly a well done thread to this point. From an engineering stand point, I think the YFZ spindles are a must for this modification. Normally I raise an eye brow when people do stuff like this, but Meat on here has a setup like this I think and he rides about as hard as any intelligent person might, and it seems to hold up and function well.

For those of you who don't know, Meat was the owner of the Banshee Zone website that had a ton of first-hand content involving several similair projects (i.e. RZ engine swap, etc.). The guy has been after it in the Banshee world for much longer than I and brings a better real world base of experience to the table than most others out there, especially when it come to riding in the trails, woods, and racing such areas. If you want the the end-all, beat all, opinion of this kit and modification, look to him for the thumbs up or down. I would support the guy's opinion on this matter without question. :thumbsup:

I may have combined Meat and Mullet Man into the same person in my previous post. Both guys are worth listening to.

Meat is the guy I take my hat off to though.

Meat, is my brother from another mother. he is definately good people!

Just rode my banshee for the first time since my YFZ swap. I bought the spacers from 2003LimitedBanshee and pieced everything together myself. Still have the banshee spindles. Anyways to the good stuff.

This bike rides AWESOME. So much better than stock. I railed over stuff that used to beat me to death at twice the speed today. Trully an awesome upgrade not to mention way more stable. I recomend this to anyone that is a do it yourself person that wants to get off alot cheaper than 600 plus for wider a arms and good shocks. The front end hieght was no problem to me at all. I even climbed across some rocks and very rough terrain. The front is still higher than the back by along ways. Its awesome. DO IT!