frame cutting should i cut this off?

first of all i am building a banshee from the ground up and its going to be a real clean duner. so i want it to look real nice however i am still going to jump it here and there and do hill shots and race it so i dont want to cut too much so that the frame is going to collapse on me. i have attached some pictures to see if i should cut these parts off.

IMG_0099-1.jpg

IMG_0098-1.jpg

and if there is anything else let me know. I dont want to take off the big bar where the motor mounts but what about the front two with question marks?

I wouldn't cut any of the gussets, unless you plan on replacing them with something beefier. Basically, anything that shapes a triangle. They are for rigidity. I don't see any harm in cutting and grinding those tabs, if you don't need them to mount stuff. Personally, I would leave the stuff with question marks. Just what ever you do, if you cut them gussets off, make sure you put a new one there. I used to work with steel. It's a very good idea to have gussets in every corner. Triangles are much stronger that squares.

first of all i am building a banshee from the ground up and its going to be a real clean duner. so i want it to look real nice however i am still going to jump it here and there and do hill shots and race it so i dont want to cut too much so that the frame is going to collapse on me. i have attached some pictures to see if i should cut these parts off.

IMG_0099-1.jpg

IMG_0098-1.jpg

and if there is anything else let me know. I don't want to take off the big bar where the motor mounts but what about the front two with question marks?

When i was working on prepping my frame for powder coating i cut of light bar, all tabs for air box, and any thing that was an extremity to the bike that was useless.

the bars you ? marked. only cut the one that follows up to your rad support. cut it flush with the a arm mount. i would be leaving that other one unless you want your shocks to push your frame straight up.

i dont see anything wrong with cutting out the rear gussets as long as you dont land your fat ass on the seat too hwfully hard. do you ride on the cushion or on your feet?

frame cutting is an art, and by that i mean search "AZCUSTOMQUADS" and you will see what i mean.

take your time, dont try and smooth out anything with a grinder your only asking for a headache. use an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel and let the wheel do the work for your main cuts. once you have the cut pieces removed, smooth out the rest with a good carbide (or titanium) reaming bit and a rotary tool like a dremel. be prepared to spend alot of time in your shop fucking the dog while you

THINK ABOUT ADVANCING WITH ANY CUTS OR WORK!

remember that while things can be cut out, structral integrity WILL be lost. try to imagine your suspension working and forces of your body turning and pulling on components to move your frame. it will be much easier if you reassemble your front end and rear end into a basic roller to invision this.

again, i stress the importance of tking your time, dont be like me and go gung ho with a grinder and reciprocating saw without proper planning. what you have already done by coloring that pic with paint is a damn good step in the right direction! good luck!

Edited by inthemail