ICE DRAGGERS!

Southside Motorsports

This Post is designated to any Ice drag questions, tips, comments, races, gatherings, and cool ice spots, pictures, vids,ETC. {post em up!} :cheers:

Edited by bizkit_boy2000

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I used last year was two ice screws in every piece of tread on my Holeshot MX's. Worked AWESOME, I got better traction on the ice than I ever have on dirt or pavement.

This year I will be trying that set-up along with 1/2 - 1 inch long studs in the tires, I don't want them too long that I will lose top-end for the radar runs.

Most ppl. say that running just all chisels pull out of the tire. I have heard that runnig a combo of chisels and picks works awesome.... That is what i will be running on my 10mm cheetah this winter.

Most ppl. say that running just all chisels pull out of the tire. I have heard that runnig a combo of chisels and picks works awesome.... That is what i will be running on my 10mm cheetah this winter.

288982[/snapback]

I can vow that the combo works AWESOME. A friend of mine ran a combo of ice screws and picks on his Honda 416ex (ported, full exhaust, stage II cam). With it geared as high as possible (w/o ordering special sprockets) he could stand it straight up in 4th gear...now I'm thinking that combo works pretty good :D .

There is a rumor around town here that if you run picks, You cant turn.

Is this true? I know you dont need to turn when dragging, I river ride an powersliding corners is a necceccity (sp).

I to this year will be running a combo of of picks an Kold Kutters,with tubes and a carpet lining. My picks are in uniform in a 5 pattern wich as seen on dice. I have 3 picks touching at all times. 24 picks per tire. Magicracing has them $22 for 25

everyone else wants an arm an a leg for picks, an I need my arm an leg to ride.

Whats going on locals? The set up that I use is a set of turftamers cut lugs and 1 1/8 steel rotien ice pix. As for the frozen swamp trails in St. Jons Marsh, you wont be turning like you want to with studs. I also have a set of with kold kutters for playin out there. We are usually out there during the winter when we are not in the UP sledding. Considering it's only like 4 miles to the lake from my house. If anyones interested the UP got hit this week with 12-16" in the woods. :clap: Almost time to pull the sleds out!!! Might see ya out there this year!!