Shee ain't running right

I'm having some issues with my new ride, maybe you guys could chime in and give me your 2 cents.. ill keep it short and sweet. 1. She starts on the first kick no problem, but once warmed up, She doesn't start that well until several kicks and giving it the throttle. Sputters on the powerband and not pulling that hard once I give it more throttle (4 mil with redline port job.) idles a minute or less before she turns off. Plugs are dark and wet. 40:1 mix pump gas.

35 mm pwks with k&n clamp ons

+4 timing

Redline dune port redline pump gas domes 4 mil 66mm blaster Pistons

SLP pipes

Elevation.. I have to look real quick and see, I'm in mid Michigan currently Clio Michigan riding. Jets I'm my sure I wanna say 155 main? Issue just started today, I might have to PM JD it's his his old whip that I bought from a guy that bought it from jd and he didn't change anything on it.

I cannot comment on that.. I just got a few weeks ago.  This was my third time riding it, it seemed to run well the previous 2 times I ran it.  It had been sitting for the past year though according to the guy that I bought it from.  But the issues that are new that I stated above ^ just started yesterday.  

My gues is it wasn't put back together correctly

Idk if this has anything to do with it, idk why it would, but before this started happening (sputtering and not pulling like it should on the power band) I was in the trails about 3 miles from my house and the silencer came loose from the header and fell off, so I had to ride all the way back to the house with the silencer off the header. After I put it back on is when this issue popped up. 

Check compression. Owner after me did pop the reeds and did put new Pistons in it. Check compression and report back.

Also check pickup gap between stator and pickup coil. I have wasted a pickup before... Should be the gap of a biz card.

Check spark plug caps too.

Good luck.

Jetting is fine. Little rich but safe.

• Like 1

Check compression. Owner after me did pop the reeds and did put new Pistons in it. Check compression and report back.

Also check pickup gap between stator and pickup coil. I have wasted a pickup before... Should be the gap of a biz card.

Check spark plug caps too.

Good luck.

Jetting is fine. Little rich but safe.

Your the man JD. thanks for the input, ill report back once I check all those things. Sounds like its nothing major. 

Quick update. I went to check the compression today but didnt have time to take the tank off and check the coil because I had to leave for work early, but I did check the plug caps, made sure they were real tight and then let it idle for a bit.  It did idle but not that strong AND the left side is not getting nearly as hot as the right.  I could keep my hand on the pipe without it burning my hand but couldnt keep my hand on the right pipe because it was too hot.  Left side was sputtering during idle as well.

Edited by Ayesully810