120' elevation jetting

Deezil

pro circuit pipes and silencers, stock carbs, K&N filters on the carbs, reed spacers? Im assuming stock reeds and needles, working the bugs out of a new to me '01 banshee.  When I got it, it was so rich I couldnt get it to get on the pipe, so Im looking at similar combos and similar altitudes. Its in the 60's here now..  

I got it with 280 jets, 25 pilots, I got the top end rich but usable with the clip at the far blunt end of the needle, Ive since put a 270 jet in, with the clip one notch lean from center, and a 27.5 pilot as per some other recommendations. But bottom end is still too fat and loads up with idling.  I put the 25 back in but have not ran it yet.  32 or 40:1 fuel mix

With that little elevation it's not going to make much of a difference, I believe it's every 1000' you need to rejet. As I've seen mentioned in one of your other posts if it's THAT rich with a 25 pilot there's something not right somewhere. Pick a mix ratio and stick with it, either of those options will work fine, I personally run all my 2 strokes at 32:1 for no particular reason other than that's what I've done since I was a kid. 

As far as my Banshee goes, I had DMC 916's, Chariot reed cages with Boyesen dual stage reeds, Advanced timing +4, UNI pods, with porting and I was at 310 or 320 mains, 27.5 pilots, clip on stock needle middle groove, I'm also at sea level. If you don't have a stock needle, get one, definitely.

Some good info here;  http://www.dfn.com/agservices/jetfaq.html

Now I'm going to say what I say to everyone when it seems they are chasing weird bugs like this, are you completely sure you didn't mix up any of the parts on the carbs when you took them part? Weird stuff happens when you mix the shit up.. Slides in the right way? Half moon cutout goes towards airbox. The one set of carbs I had turned out to have a right side bowl on the left side... shit happens, just saying....  

Now I'm going to say what I say to everyone when it seems they are chasing weird bugs like this, are you completely sure you didn't mix up any of the parts on the carbs when you took them part? Weird stuff happens when you mix the shit up.. Slides in the right way? Half moon cutout goes towards airbox. The one set of carbs I had turned out to have a right side bowl on the left side... shit happens, just saying....  

You have me thinking, I got it with problems, so I dont know whats normal, but what you say about the slide cut out, what would it do if the slides were in backwards or on the wrong sides? I need to go check it after work now, but Im almost betting they are backwards, if possible, because thats how I got it and how Ive left it......... 

I know for sure I didnt mix parts up on the carbs, but the slides being backwards is making me wonder, Ill try to find out in a few hours..  Thanks!

Pull the slides out one at a time see if the cutout (half moon) is to the back hard to tell in the video

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Im going to bet money they are backwards, it makes total sense, cant wait to get out of work to check it

Right on its a common mistake...and get rid of all the tors junk too

as stated, thats how I bought the quad, the TORS are gone now, but I kept the slides on the sides as they were when I got it, but it does seem to me that the cutout is forward and not back....  shall we take bets?

as stated, thats how I bought the quad, the TORS are gone now, but I kept the slides on the sides as they were when I got it, but it does seem to me that the cutout is forward and not back.... shall we take bets?

I bet there wrong and I bet you still might troubles until you get the right caps to adjust cable slack...but if you should make sure the brain is disconnected and unplugged from throttle lol

Here is what it looks like now. Tors are gone, but like I said, I left the stuff on each sides as I got it, so it was wrong when I got it. Thats why they couldnt get it figured out I bet.

1d9ed325f80413892a44cf7273f0afe7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Deezil

Here is what it looks like now. Tors are gone, but like I said, I left the stuff on each sides as I got it, so it was wrong when I got it. Thats why they couldnt get it figured out I bet.

1d9ed325f80413892a44cf7273f0afe7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok that's better looking but yeah check em and spin em 180' and bet she runs better

OP, not related to your problem but if your going to stick with pods you may want to cut them lower air box tabs off and wrap some sort of heat wrap around your stingers near your pods. Those tabs will wear a hole in your filters and the stingers will melt your outerwares.

OP, not related to your problem but if your going to stick with pods you may want to cut them lower air box tabs off and wrap some sort of heat wrap around your stingers near your pods. Those tabs will wear a hole in your filters and the stingers will melt your outerwares.

Thanks, Ill see about that too, not sure if Im going back to an airbox, I have one I got with it, so Im considering it.