Interesting read on carbon fiber control arm manufacturing.

trickedcarbine

I read some stuff on cf top/bottom a-arms and they sound pretty damn strong but the tests and design was carried out by engineers at a university not some kids in the backyard. as with any part, regardless of material, it has to be designed correctly for the application. theres plenty of other varaibles as well like the dude doing the welding or type of glue holding the carbon parts together, just to name a couple things. I wouldn't recommend any lamen make their own cf parts for a structural application

new gt350 has cf wheels. dang near half the weight of aluminum http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/news/a26046/fords-carbon-fiber-gt350r-wheels-use-nasa-technology/

I read some stuff on cf top/bottom a-arms and they sound pretty damn strong but the tests and design was carried out by engineers at a university not some kids in the backyard. as with any part, regardless of material, it has to be designed correctly for the application. theres plenty of other varaibles as well like the dude doing the welding or type of glue holding the carbon parts together, just to name a couple things. I wouldn't recommend any lamen make their own cf parts for a structural application

new gt350 has cf wheels. dang near half the weight of aluminum http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/news/a26046/fords-carbon-fiber-gt350r-wheels-use-nasa-technology/

What? Engineer at University know nothing, they dont have Real Life expérience.
  • Like 1

Let me ask anyone here on BHQ dis...why is CF even something you want to use on a Banshee with suspension?

There are sled guys out here that have been beating the hell out of them for years. F1 guys have ran them for years. Drag cars have ran them for years. It's all a matter of who's doing it and how. That said, I'd never build my own arms, but I know a handful of fellas I would have no problem paying.
  • Like 1

Anyone seen the +2 I-shock long travel a-arms. They have a alloy upper arm's and they are well built, I cant see myself ever braking them.

I have a set on my TRX they are cool because they are crazy light and are more adjustable than some of the other aftermarket arms.

Anyone seen the +2 I-shock long travel a-arms. They have a alloy upper arm's and they are well built, I cant see myself ever braking them.

I have a set on my TRX they are cool because they are crazy light and are more adjustable than some of the other aftermarket arms.

Cool post bro.

I shock sucks. I bent there arms. They wouldn't warranty there shit.