Shock ?

Craig B

I have Elka stage 3 on the front and rear with Alba + 2 a-arms. Not sure if my shock settings are good, but I am getting my azz kicked in the Whoops!!!! These are large whoops and plenty of them. Should I looking at something different like Floats or LT a-arm. My setup seams ok at lower speeds but getting me beat up trying to go fast. Thanks for any info. Craig

What are the shocks doing? Are they bouncing you around or are they not absorbing the impact? Are you staying on the tops of the whoops or are you trying to double/triple them?

One of the best things to do is have someone video tape you doing the whoops and see what's going on.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

What are the shocks doing? Are they bouncing you around or are they not absorbing the impact? Are you staying on the tops of the whoops or are you trying to double/triple them?

One of the best things to do is have someone video tape you doing the whoops and see what's going on.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

It's hard to say.  I think they may be to stiff causing me bounce around. I know when I bought them they were set a lot softer than the stock shocks. I did adjust them and make them stiffer. Yet the rear must have bottomed out because the caliper hit the silencer.

I just bought them new from Atv Galaxy. There are set up for my weight and +2 swingarm. The front shocks only have 1 adjustment and the rear has 2. When I first installed the Sniper pipes I had the ride height low and that's most likely why it hit the silencer.

So the big question is........... Would a better set of front shocks make a noticeable difference?? Like Elka stage 5 ,Axis or Fox floats?

Yeah.

Elka was bombarded with purchases when they did that deal for 1k. Your not the first to say shit is set up bad. They just needed to fill the orders.

• Like 1

Should have went long travel the first time. Shocks prices don't change for long or standard. The arms is what change prices.

Your probably right. Looks like I may try to sell my Alba +2 +1 arms and Elka stage 3 fronts. Everything I read points me to Axis :) .

If you want to sell your alba arms I'd be willing to buy them.  I'm ready to pull the trigger for new +2+1 since Im just a trail riding and climbing hills.  My stock suspernsion works for me just find maybe since I am so light?  I had KB5 rebuild my stock rear shock.  Night and say difference rides like a lazy boy on 4 wheels.

PM a price on your arms if you want to sell.  I do not need shocks.  $ paypal ready or money order ready or check ready or can dive to NJ also...IDK