Ultra Carbon CNC machinable Carbon Fiber Stock.

trickedcarbine

Maybe the drag racers will be in to this. I have finally located a manufacturer who can produce Carbon Fiber ingets at an affordable rate. Ultra Carbon specializes in some of the baddest and most well crafted carbon fiber products in racing. I am looking for guys willing to split up a bulk order of Carbon Fiber for a far better rate. The plan is to replace virtually any Billit aluminum part with an identical Carbon Fiber part. Rezzy covers, shock rezzy mounts, bar clamps, water pump covers, etc., all by this winter. Ultra Carbon has qouted me $8.00-$14.00 a cubic inch. The more volume the closer to the $8.00 price it will be. Before any one complains, companies like Dragon Plate and Rock West Composites are selling 1.25"x12"x24" slabs for thousands. Ultra Carbon can make any thickness stock needed to machine the custom parts you may have been dreaming about.

Anybody interested in getting in on this before I order?

Here is what I would suggest.

There are a dozen or 2 hardcore drag crews left. I'd plant this seed in a few of their ears, as well as plant this seed in the ear of the couple billet part suppliers.

That's the plan. I have a few parts manufacturers willing to run their program on stock I send in. Either way, I'm doing my bike.
  • Like 1

just throwing the idea out there but id like to see a carbon shifter with a pressed in aluminum insert for the shift rod splines  also a steering stem. i have a tyson t bar and im pretty sure they could cast a mold to make one. carbonraceparts has made me a bunch of struts but as far as covers go we dont even run any on either side of the engine just to cut weight. a carbon brake foot lever would be nice but i doubt one universal part wouldnt be usefull since most every person has different position likings or mounting

Carbon fiber cases and cylinders ftw!!

I'm leery about some carbon fiber stuff. Someone above mentioned a driveshaft, but the CF axle was shit. Maybe it was design flaw I dunno. Steering stem? I wouldn't like that either.

I like the idea of anything light weight, but you can already run a plastic stator cover...I would be on board with a CF clutch cover if it was lighter than what we currently use. The only CNC billet clutch covers are thick and heavy so if the CF was that thick I'm not sure there would be any weight savings. Shifter, clutch lever, thumb throttle assemblies, brake/axle/wheel hubs(?), ...what else could be done?

I've seen the Qa1 drive shaft being made. They're putting those things on cars with lots more HP than you'd think. They handle it very well. I'm guessing this is because their manufacturing process is a little better than some guy in his garage. I know they did a ton of R&D to develop the weave and solvents for adhesion. I think if you have the right people doing it, you have nothing to worry about. But I'd be leary of some guy in his shed making something like this.

http://www.qa1.net/driveshafts/carbon-fiber-driveshaft-technology

I think the axle problem was that it is gun drilled, and then when you have a keyway there is weak spot.  I know it if that CF axle worked I would have a few. Maybe a design like a lonestar style  would work better than a JJandA Style??

i run 1/8 mile so my bike is a skeleton on wheels and im not sure where else to throw carbon on it safely. a clutch cover would be great for the guys that run a starter, i doubt it could handle a kick back for the folks using kickers still.. i cracked the shit out of my DD one the other day. think most wouldnt want to try out a carbon axle after seeing what happend to the last one that was made, im content with the jj/a. a axle carrier would be nice if its lighter than a machined one. personally id like to use smaller carbon components before looking at ti stuff. id be willing to send them some parts and figure out pricing durring the off season.  cf wheels and swing arm :rotflmao:   

just throwing the idea out there but id like to see a carbon shifter with a pressed in aluminum insert for the shift rod splines also a steering stem. i have a tyson t bar and im pretty sure they could cast a mold to make one. carbonraceparts has made me a bunch of struts but as far as covers go we dont even run any on either side of the engine just to cut weight. a carbon brake foot lever would be nice but i doubt one universal part wouldnt be usefull since most every person has different position likings or mounting

Carbon Race Parts is doing a stem for me. I'll keep you posted how it turns out. They are running them on shifter carts and pulling over a full G on turns with slicks, so they are somewhat durable. Not sure if I'd Moto cross one though. Edited by trickedcarbine

There are Carbon fiber wheels out there already other then the Hipers. The problem is they need to have material thick enough to hold up to abuse. Even the ones I've seen on JR dragsters still weigh more then a typical aluminum wheel from Douglas. The Hipers are just friggin heavy as all hell.

I've seen the Qa1 drive shaft being made. They're putting those things on cars with lots more HP than you'd think. They handle it very well. I'm guessing this is because their manufacturing process is a little better than some guy in his garage. I know they did a ton of R&D to develop the weave and solvents for adhesion. I think if you have the right people doing it, you have nothing to worry about. But I'd be leary of some guy in his shed making something like this.

http://www.qa1.net/driveshafts/carbon-fiber-driveshaft-technology

We run drive shaft shop carbon drive shafts in all of out higher hp setups. Aluminum /steel starts taking a shit around 1500whp. But have yet to loose a carbin one, the crazy part is the yokes are glued on. Id like to get ahold of some of that stuff lol.