611 DM Oil ratio to Alcohol

bigboy

There was some information passed along by someone long ago that 20:1 made more powa on the dyno. Possibly due to the BTUs that the castor component adds to the fuel. It may have been folklore, but that's why I went to 20:1. At one time, I think folks ran 24:1 more commonly.

There was some information passed along by someone long ago that 20:1 made more powa on the dyno. Possibly due to the BTUs that the castor component adds to the fuel. It may have been folklore, but that's why I went to 20:1. At one time, I think folks ran 24:1 more commonly.

That was done by Andy at M&M.

I too thought it came from Calvin. Calvin always liked a castor blend for other reasons as he thought it provided better protection from nikasil wear. As opposed to non castor blends such as redline oil.

I'd bet Menz made back to back dyno runs with redline vs. supertechniplate. He tested EVERYTHING. When he quit, he was running supertechniplate.

As I recall Calvin and Garrett (might have been another builder) did some testing and it showed no ill effects on HP until they exceeded the 20:1 point. Once that was know it was too easy to just buy the bottle, rip the top off, dump it in the can, and fill with 5gal of fuel.