421 MX Ported Serval, which pipes, Snipers or CPI?

Strm Trpr

Plus I don't want to pay to have Cam switch parts out on the dyno.

Just gonna run the following:

33mm PWK's w/K&N and outerwears

UPP Intakes w/cross-over

VF4's

CP Cast Head w/ sea level domes and a set for 4,000 ft.

MX/Dune Ported 4 mil Serval

CPI's and whatever timing Cam suggests with 91 octane....

One of the guys approached me and paid what I wanted.

I've ridden the carbs.
They did improve top end some, but I just know that using these on a Serval is going to make power suffer.
I've read that and talked to two different builders that have dyno tested them.
The Venturi is too small no matter how you slice it, Servals draw too much air thru and the small Venturi chokes power...

• Like 2

Not to mention they NEED Billit bowls to feed bigger motors.

And I was going to buy Driveline Billet Bowls, but only after the dyno showed that the stock carbs actually didn't hurt power.

But all of that doesn't matter now because 33mm PWK's and cross-over UPP intakes will be ordered.

When on the phone with him to order a 421 serval(my current build) a couple years ago, he brought up strait cut gears when i ordered my serval. I believe he said, for 10mils and up, he would recommend it. Like said, when you talk to him ask him. He will tell you the truth and not just try to make a sale.

Id like to know why you didnt want to go 10mil. I assume you talked to him and discuss that 421 will be all you need. For my weight and noobish riding skills, the 4mil making 70-80 to the tire was all i needed as well.

I'm interested in seeing CPI vs Snipers on that engine.

When on the phone with him to order a 421 serval(my current build) a couple years ago, he brought up strait cut gears when i ordered my serval. I believe he said, for 10mils and up, he would recommend it. Like said, when you talk to him ask him. He will tell you the truth and not just try to make a sale.

Id like to know why you didnt want to go 10mil. I assume you talked to him and discuss that 421 will be all you need. For my weight and noobish riding skills, the 4mil making 70-80 to the tire was all i needed as well.

I'm interested in seeing CPI vs Snipers on that engine.

I've owned stock bolt-on motors.

Last Labor Day I rode with my new +2 Fireball swingarm, +4 axle and rebuilt/revalved shock, front LT set-up, and with my controls upgrades, everywhere I went, I was WFO.

Everything I've ever owned was about handling and control before power.

I've been riding for almost 3 decades, so I have the skill to handle power, just never spent the money on a build.

Thankfully I've enjoyed my two Banshees for 25 years and my motors stay together.

So, now that my suspension and handling is top notch, I'm burning almost 20 gallons of fuel in 3 days.

Doubling my power to 80whp on pump gas will be all I ever need.

Plus I don't want fuel economy to suffer too much and I plan to run a Clarke 5.5 gallon tank with this build.

Going 10 mil for my first built motor seemed very excessive and so is the cost!!

I've owned stock bolt-on motors.

Last Labor Day I rode with my new +2 Fireball swingarm, +4 axle and rebuilt/revalved shock, front LT set-up, and with my controls upgrades, everywhere I went, I was WFO.

Everything I've ever owned was about handling and control before power.

I've been riding for almost 3 decades, so I have the skill to handle power, just never spent the money on a build.

Thankfully I've enjoyed my two Banshees for 25 years and my motors stay together.

So, now that my suspension and handling is top notch, I'm burning almost 20 gallons of fuel in 3 days.

Doubling my power to 80whp on pump gas will be all I ever need.

Plus I don't want fuel economy to suffer too much and I plan to run a Clarke 5.5 gallon tank with this build.

Going 10 mil for my first built motor seemed very excessive and so is the cost!!

Excessive is fun.
  • Like 1