Help me out with jetting

Been looking online at the fmf power up kit. Is that a waste of money? only thing I've done to carbs is clean them all out good and install it. Just picked it up. Guy before me had a shop rebuild top end and he lost intrest

So my question is from here where should I go

It has a fmf pipes and silencers on it and still a closed box intake it's hard to start when it's cold and seems like when you give you first give it gas when starting it it bogs down help me out? Sorry for the long into

• Like 1

On a new to you engine with unknown origins

Pressure test

Compression test

Go over electronics

These three things will have you chasing your tail jetting. Your set up is very common . With air box lid on 240 main in dead of summer 260 in winter , 30 pilot for sure, needle 4th or 5th clip depending on what she likes. Make sure your motor Is sound before you start riding it. I can't even count how many rebuilds I've done that start out similar to your situation . You have no idea how many bikes blow up on new owners first rides.

First day I had it home I pulled plugs and pipes off, I have done compression check but it all was brand new, rode it around with extreme caution as if it wasn't broken

When I got it home before I did all that I had to sync carbs replace throttle cable, pipes had no clamps so I replaced that also no air filter so I picked an oem aftermarket one off eBay, took carbs fully apart and cleaned every piece of them both

After it sat for a few days it was hard to start seemed like it was getting to much fuel even with the choke pulled then whenever i gave it gas it would sputter and die till it gets warm then it's fine idle great and start up perfect everytime

I did how ever notice I had 2 different needles so I matched them up to the same clips but I feel like I want matching needles to rule that out

Low end great, mid great, high top end started to cut out it seemed

I'm from Missouri

Temp 40-100 (I know I should adjust according to season)

Fmf expansion chambers with silencers

All else is stock

I have carbs off now gonna check the reed conditions when I get home

First day I had it home I pulled plugs and pipes off, I have done compression check but it all was brand new, rode it around with extreme caution as if it wasn't broken

When I got it home before I did all that I had to sync carbs replace throttle cable, pipes had no clamps so I replaced that also no air filter so I picked an oem aftermarket one off eBay, took carbs fully apart and cleaned every piece of them both

After it sat for a few days it was hard to start seemed like it was getting to much fuel even with the choke pulled then whenever i gave it gas it would sputter and die till it gets warm then it's fine idle great and start up perfect everytime

Is there a question in there somewhere?

What jets are in it now?

When the choke is pulled it IS getting more gas...It is actually a fuel enricher, not choke in the normal sense of an air choke.