Titanium shift rod & Ceramic ball?

trickedcarbine

Do you mean the ceramic ball the goes between the clutch push rods? I've had those shatter and backload and break gears. It happened in 5th gear so the backload shouldn't have hurt anything, but it did.

Never used the titanium rod though.

Do you mean the ceramic ball the goes between the clutch push rods? I've had those shatter and backload and break gears. It happened in 5th gear so the backload shouldn't have hurt anything, but it did.

Never used the titanium rod though.

Hmm, that's what my worry was. Found a lot of different materials while looking for different weights to use in my slingshot. May start buying samples to see what's lightest of the ones that aren't ceramic. Can't find a Ti ball though.

Just to be sure that no body is miss guided by blind statement.

Ti have a young modulus (G) lower than steel, but it also have a lower density (D). So the important thing is the 'specific young modulus' i.e. G/D.

So to be clear, pound for pound, Ti flex less than steel and that's the important thing to consider.

That's why you find Ti everywhere in aerospace.

Just to be sure that no body is miss guided by blunt statement.

Ti have a young modulus (G) lower than steel, but it also have a lower density (D). So the important thing is the 'specific young modulus' i.e. G/D.

So to be clear, pound for pound, Ti flex less than steel and that's the important thing to consider.

That's why you find Ti everywhere in aerospace.

how has this guy not been banned?

Trail bikes, FTW