EGT Sensor temps

mhoksch

How would water temps correlate to EGT temps? If I am running an inline water temp gauge and let's say my EGT's went excessively high, like 1400*, where would that put my water temps? Above +220*? I don't run EGT's on any of bikes but I do run water temp gauges. If my water temp gauge is reading 190*-200* would that mean my EGT's are in safe range?

Reaction time of water temps rising in relation to egt is so slow you'd never notice it before the piston melted, IMO.

• Like 1

Pretty happy with the EGT so far. I noticed that when at idle, the temps are about 50degrees different from side to side. They are within 5 most of the time riding and the high temp recall is spot on.

Is the difference at idle normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty happy with the EGT so far. I noticed that when at idle, the temps are about 50degrees different from side to side. They are within 5 most of the time riding and the high temp recall is spot on.

Is the difference at idle normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are like that at idle too. Then they are about the same when riding.

jd is right..   build the motor strong and with the right parts  you shouldn't develop an air leak  maybe after the motor is a few years old  like 3 and things have started to really deteriorate.  back when i was running my egt i noticed a big change in temps and shut the bike down  thats when the crank webb broke and the crank end was wobblinin and took out the stator side seal..  

there are all kinds of shit parts out there tight now  gaskets that are trash  crank seals that are junk and some assembly procedures that are goofy  let alone sub par cranks, clutch baskets ( exploding backing plate bolts go right through crank seals it seems every time), junk pistons and bad setups involving piston to head clearances that are way the hell off for prolonged running.... 

• Like 1

Only motor I ever blew up was being on the ice with sand paddles using too much budweisers....

Aka being a dummy and over revving. All of these gauges and stuff would have effectively helped me zero times in the 15years I been banshee riding. Just my thoughts

• Like 1

light something on fire.  put a ramp up it  jd will jump that shit.  overheating,  air leaks,  broken pegs,  dont matta!!  its getting sky'd out!

Fact.

Here is my bottom line.  I do not agree with this EGT logic.  Maybe on a diesel truck when hauling a huge load... But not for a Banshee.

Anytime I have had an issue, I can feel it seat of the pants.. "whoa, wtf is going on"...  If you are running super lean and you cant hear/feel it then I don't know what to say.  Either you get out of it, or you hammer down and hope for the best.... Same with EGT but with the EGT you are constantly looking down with your butthole puckered up.

Kind of like a radar detector.

JD agree, I know exactly when my TRX, banshee and CR 500 aren't running right.. I can first feel then usually hear if the motor is detonating, running lean, breaking up and not running crisp.

Exactly and I think most would agree

That it's not rocket science.

I'm not hating on you guys that want to

Monitor Egt, gauges are cool... It's

Just ultimately I think it provides no value. Ok back to sleep lol.

Exactly and I think most would agree

That it's not rocket science.

I'm not hating on you guys that want to

Monitor Egt, gauges are cool... It's

Just ultimately I think it provides no value. Ok back to sleep lol.

Sorry I dont agree at all. You will never be as sharp as an egt sensor. He will beat you all the time. Plus, you are an experienced rider, wich is not everybody's case.

Arguing against the use of egt for tunning dont make sens at all.

Do you absolutly need it? No. Is it a great tool? Yes.

It's like saying you dont need all the monitoring/sensors a car have, 'cause your good enough to 'feel' your car.

Envoyé de mon GT-P5113 en utilisant Tapatalk