EGT Sensor temps

mhoksch

Any good advice for keeping it warm besides burning a ton of fuel?

Have you experimented with heat wrap on the head pipe? I've been thinking about trying it if it gets really cold here again. Next weekends race is looking like highs in the mid 30's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ceramic blanket..... I've got a Heated Blanket in the trailer but need a new inverter. Not sure it'll be worth the fuss. And as always. Get a heater for the pits. Not only will it keep the bike warm, but you and your gear. I don't know about you, but I'm way more relaxed when I'm comfortable and a lot more patient when wrenching if it's sort of warm.

Unfortunately I'm still pulling up to the races with an open trailer. Hoping to get an enclosed from a friend at the end of the season. Sucks trying o keep things warm out in the cold wind.

I usually start it up about 3 races before my class to get warm.

I spend all my money rebuilding motors. Hopefully I'll quit being a dumbass now and keep this one together.

I'll look into the pop up idea though. Thanks

How would water temps correlate to EGT temps? If I am running an inline water temp gauge and let's say my EGT's went excessively high, like 1400*, where would that put my water temps? Above +220*? I don't run EGT's on any of bikes but I do run water temp gauges. If my water temp gauge is reading 190*-200* would that mean my EGT's are in safe range?

So, you are on the last lap and in the lead. EGT gets high and you head to the pits?

EGT sensors are a waste of time and counter-productive IMO. Jet it rich, billet bowls, and hammer down.

100% correct. I'd much rather lose a race than an engine.

I do try to keep it jetted on the rich side. But 2 weeks ago before I had the EGT, I developed an air leak mid race and melted a piston and cracked my cylinder.

In that case, seeing the high EGT temp and pulling off would have saved me about $700 and a lot of wrenching time