Dune port exhaust question

slag_350300

It all depends on when you go out and just how loud it is. Inframe cpi T5 and shearers are all too loud i can tell you that fo sho. You will need to get a different silencer like the ones cascade used to sell if you really want to play it safe. I put turndowns on my bikes when in oregon and although they arent really any quieter up close it seems to not project as much noise and i have been luck with the popo

I went crab fishing out of Newport about 5 years ago. And a buddy of mine had a banshee and a LTR450 we went out and rode the dunes at Winchester bay, this was in January I want to say, and there was hardly anyone out riding. It was kind of nice, didn't see any tree cops or anything. I'll have to look into the regulations before I head down there

Edited by slag_350300

without sounding like a hippy treehugging asshole you really should just set the bike up to comply. Getting away without getting a ticket is nice of course but its not really the issue. Noise complaints are a big problem from people around the dunes and one of the huge reasons that people are trying to restrict usage. 

• Like 1

Yeah I heard that, all it takes is one guy to ruin it for a lot of people. It's worth it to me to abide the requirements to be able to ride in some of the best dunes on the coast. Up here in Alaska I can ride my banshee up town down town with zero packing in my cans and the cops will wave at you and drive by. I don't have a title for my bike so I imagine I need to get a bill of sale from the guy I got it from to get a green sticker, what other requirements besides noise, flag, registration do you need down there?

Toomey has options for the T5's you run now:

http://www.toomey.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=4&Itemid=3&vmcchk=1&Itemid=3

If you seriously run the Pro Circuits, get the USFS approved silencers and keep them freshly packed at all times.

Best option IMO, call Cascade and get CPI's with their approved silencers.

All this information from jerkies that don't ride the dunes here anymore. I went through the same thing when I moved to oregon. I wanted all my stuff legal. Well now that I've been here 2 years+ none of it is. I've been to all the different dunes prob 20 times since and had no issues. Obey the speed limits, keep from revving the shit our of your loud junk when cops are around, and don't act like a retard and you'll prob be fine. Now I've had a buddy or two that's had issues but they've been isolated. I've ridden by several cops and never been hassled.

Stickers are $10-11 depending where you get them. They just need the vin to sell it. You can write it down or take a picture. No need to take the bike in.

I wouldn't bother with oof. Unless it's a purpose drag bike. Ask that little weirdo Cam. He's got decent advice once he stops calling you a dumbass.

You will want to go online and take the stupid safety course and get your safety card. I have been asked for that out in the woods before. Just Google oregon atv safety card and you should get a buncha crap come up.

Edited by dave5.0
  • Like 1

All this information from jerkies that don't ride the dunes here anymore. I went through the same thing when I moved to oregon. I wanted all my stuff legal. Well now that I've been here 2 years+ none of it is. I've been to all the different dunes prob 20 times since and had no issues. Obey the speed limits, keep from revving the shit our of your loud junk when cops are around, and don't act like a retard and you'll prob be fine. Now I've had a buddy or two that's had issues but they've been isolated. I've ridden by several cops and never been hassled.

Stickers are $10-11 depending where you get them. They just need the vin to sell it. You can write it down or take a picture. No need to take the bike in.

I wouldn't bother with oof. Unless it's a purpose drag bike. Ask that little weirdo Cam. He's got decent advice once he stops calling you a dumbass.

You will want to go online and take the stupid safety course and get your safety card. I have been asked for that out in the woods before. Just Google oregon atv safety card and you should get a buncha crap come up.

Thanks for the info. When I went to Winchester bay it felt like a ghost town. I'm sure the time of year had to do with it but since I'm used to the cold climate the January months in Oregon were perfect for me. I've also been to sand lakes, coos bay, this was all with my old dirt bike with a shorty can, I didn't get hassled. But they get ya when you least expect it.

And for the toomey pipes I'm not really liking them with my current setup, I believe they are really choking down my engine and I'm not seeing it's full potential. Up here CPI pipes or shearers are never to be found for sale anywhere. I've been on Craigslist searching for banshee stuff in Oregon area and I'm sure by the time I get down there I'll have some good stuff to go check out.

So for the sticker, is there a resident vs a non resident charge? Or is it just universal? That leaves me down to a flag and different exhaust.

Ita been 13 years or better since I had my own toy down there and went thru the registration and I can't recall on what I did back then. My friends LTR had a sticker a full yoshi exhaust and no flag and we rode for a couple days, felt like we had the dunes to ourselves. Really fun time

Thanks for the info. When I went to Winchester bay it felt like a ghost town. I'm sure the time of year had to do with it but since I'm used to the cold climate the January months in Oregon were perfect for me. I've also been to sand lakes, coos bay, this was all with my old dirt bike with a shorty can, I didn't get hassled. But they get ya when you least expect it.

And for the toomey pipes I'm not really liking them with my current setup, I believe they are really choking down my engine and I'm not seeing it's full potential. Up here CPI pipes or shearers are never to be found for sale anywhere. I've been on Craigslist searching for banshee stuff in Oregon area and I'm sure by the time I get down there I'll have some good stuff to go check out.

So for the sticker, is there a resident vs a non resident charge? Or is it just universal? That leaves me down to a flag and different exhaust.

Ita been 13 years or better since I had my own toy down there and went thru the registration and I can't recall on what I did back then. My friends LTR had a sticker a full yoshi exhaust and no flag and we rode for a couple days, felt like we had the dunes to ourselves. Really fun time

The sticker has no differentiating from residents to non residents. Most all the bike shops sell them. All you need is a VIN and 10 or 11 bucks. From there a flag and the stupid OHV card and you're rippin.

just a thought.  i have ran out frame on dunners many times.  no jumping, just wheelies and general goofing off on the bike.   they a re fine if you plan on them being there.  trail rode with them and tree shots.   whats weird is i have had them fall off the bike completely  run them over and they have no d3ents or anything.  ride out there and fart in their general direction and a nice big ding shows up..   BUT i'm not in oregon.  if your a welded i'm sure you can fab up a set of big dia silencers for the bike.  in or out frame.