Dune port exhaust question

slag_350300

Hey guys a few months back I sent redline my cylinders and top case half to get bored (.60 over) a dune port, running 21cc domes cut for 4 mil long rod crank (Vito's) and got the case port matched. I am running T5's at the moment with intentions of getting pro circuits for the wide range of riding I do. I just found out that I'm moving to reedsport Oregon next fall for work and am now thinking about gearing my all around banshee towards a duner. (Lengthened swing arm some new shocks and gearing) I've always loved the look of out of frame pipes, same side, and will be in the market for some CPI or shearers. Was wondering how many guys out there have out of frames with a dune port. And are they most beneficial running out of frames for drag only port? Have never had any expirence with out of frame drag pipes before and want to start planning a budget for some new parts when summer rolls around. Thanks

Edit: while I'm here now that my engine went from being 100% stock to redline built should I be using a different spark plug? I spaced it out when I was talking to cam last, I have br8es in there now, should I be running an EG plug ?

Edited by slag_350300

I'm not really into jumping my banshee so much as when I was younger. And you are right about the mufflers I forgot about the noise regulations down there. Up here you can get away with a lot. I've just always wanted same side out of frames, they make a banshee look pissed off and awesome.

Well I suppose if I want to be left alone I should just get some in frame CPI pipes, last thing I want is a ticket and to be harassed when I'm out having fun. The last time I was down there with my yz250 I had a shorty R304 silencer and they never said anything, but that was back in 2002 so insure it's changed since then

Well I suppose if I want to be left alone I should just get some in frame CPI pipes, last thing I want is a ticket and to be harassed when I'm out having fun. The last time I was down there with my yz250 I had a shorty R304 silencer and they never said anything, but that was back in 2002 so insure it's changed since then

It all depends on when you go out and just how loud it is.  Inframe cpi T5 and shearers are all too loud i can tell you that fo sho.  You will need to get a different silencer like the ones cascade used to sell if you really want to play it safe.  I put turndowns on my bikes when in oregon and although they arent really any quieter up close it seems to not project as much noise and i have been luck with the popo