Engine loss power. Need advice.

yungchris504

Ok. So I just installed VF4's and Shearer SB in frame pipes. With 27.5 pilots and 300 mains (stock carbs) with everything else stock on the bike. Sounded amazing coming from stock exhaust. I know the pipes are too much for stock engine was planning on 4 mil build.

My problem is I was racing two yfz450's and on the last race when I got to 4th or maybe it was 5th gear. The engine suddenly lost all signs of power. No power band, and sounded like shit. I had to put put all the way home. But while riding home I had it in 3rd and gave it 3/4 throttle and it took maybe 5 seconds to get in a power band but it still didn't sound right. Spark plugs the insulator was black and at the curve part of the insulator was a lil oily..

Could I have blew the rings? Or is jetting an issue. I'm no dummy with engines. Just want some advice on where to look at and what to check first before I tear it down for no reason when it could be something simple.

Anything helps, much appreciated guys

• 1 month later...