Running Rich & Poor and Shop rebuild Update and re jetting

Oldskool83

The bike tanks had been flushed before it was built and a new petcock was installed before it was ever run...had 2 hours on the bike.  Bike only had about a 1 gallon run thru so far.  I do not let fuel sit in my tanks when they are being stored.

Reeds are in and I am going to put it back together this weekend.

This weeks update unveiled why my one carb was leaking also...so the outer right rear threaded bowl hole does not get tight.  I can see why the shop doubled up on the gasket on that side.  They all but stripped the threads out of the body of the carb.  I now have to find either a M4 helicoil or use a 1/8" screw and place a nut to clamp down the bowl in that corner.  

I also decided to fix my new leaking water pump and clutch cover to find they also stripped screws out.  I even took the head off to check everything out because I have had to redo everything I asked them to do.  Since the head is off I sent it over to MULL engineering to be milled down.  

cycle shops will never get bikes of mine again...maybe parts for things I do not have tools to remove or install but they will never get a complete bike again.  I'd of had better care taking it to some car mechanic i think.