Running Rich & Poor and Shop rebuild Update and re jetting

Oldskool83

Ricks Motorsport stator are not ricky stators. They are different company's. My spark problem was the cheap Chinese coil the previous owner used. So since the shop charged me $249.95 for the stator I think I will use it.

I had soaked carbs in pine-solve, then washed in soap and water, hit with carb cleaner and blown out with air compressior.

Bike was then taken to shop so they could rebuilt, sync and jet carbs for me. Every brass piece and seal was new per Moose

carb rebuild kits.

All items ordered from parts unlimited, not ebay stuff.

My last update i specified the bike was fouling plugs out every hours so it was too rich. New jets were bought, installed and went to start. Bowl and carbs sat empty for 2 weeks until my jets arrived.

Those Rick's are junk as well. Along with RM.

Also, you should have some 8's in there for spark plugs.

If you really want to clean your carbs, get some of this, and remove all plastic, and rubber items from them. Soak them, blow out all passages, replace missing, and/or worn parts, then reassemble. Using household cleaners on carbs isn't a good idea, because they aren't intended to be used on stuff like that.

http://www.autozone.com/fuel-and-engine-cleaners-additives/carburetor-cleaner/berryman-chem-dip-carburetor-and-parts-cleaner/139313_0_0/

Just boil them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmm thats not a bad idea! I may try that out!!! I would assume you got to strip them right down to bare metal with no choke plunger or anything though?

I always have. I have never taken the chance with rubber in the lemon juice. It's best to do it outside or Mrs. Jesse may kick your ass. If there is no Mrs. Jesse then open a window and go right ahead.

I put the sink in, I'll wash whatever the fuck I want in it. Including parts... I bought the stove and the pots & pans. I'll boil whatever the fuck I want in them as long as it's not toxic or hazzardous. If she's got beef with that, she better pack her Fuggin' bags.

• Like 2

I put the sink in, I'll wash whatever the fuck I want in it. Including parts... I bought the stove and the pots & pans. I'll boil whatever the fuck I want in them as long as it's not toxic or hazzardous. If she's got beef with that, she better pack her Fuggin' bags.

The lemon and gas mix is harsh. I even do it outside.

Finally someone speaking with some balls. Good man

You guys are using this help thread as a chat thread. 

I think I will be throwing my stator away.  Went to tinker with it again and WOW no spark.  Said fuck it and went to work on my KFX700. 

As far as you guys saying what works best for cleaning carbs there is a reason I use pine solve.  It will really clean years or junk and dirt off the outside in about a days time.  I really like to work on parts when they are clean. 

Pinesol

Hot water and dish soap quick soak and since

Carb cleaner in holes and passages

Air compressor to dry and blow out passages.

I build a lot of my bike in the house and sink it always full of parts.

Overs are always use to drop bearings out of cases

Dishwasher are also nice

My wife gives no fucks what I bring into home because her nice engagement ring was paid for in full by flipping and parting blown ups atvs and MX bikes.

Now back to the thread topic.  I will repost more after I fix spark issues now since with no spark jetting not gonna happen.  Building 2 bikes and fixing 1 at the same time is starting to get old lol.  The shittiest one is the most reliable...while the most expensive is 100% unreliable.  AKA my paper weight.

One day I have hope it will work properly.

Edited by Oldskool83

New update.  Ripped carbs apart and figured I'd check the reeds.  So me telling that shop to replace the reeds ended up being lets put new gaskets on them and use the old ones that didn't seal......I never put used reeds on a fresh motor! 

The leaking carb at the bowl seal....well it was tight.  I cleaned the carbs and thought after having them apart a few times I'd throw on my new gaskets to make sure the gasket was fresh.  I went to peal off the old ones and what did I find....they put a new gasket over an old one on one of the carbs.  WTF  These guys deserve to be out of business!

Even my wife who don't know shit about toys knows you do not double gaskets if ones bad.

New reeds and new gaskets should fix the last of the issues they made for me.

Report back once reeds come in.

Edited by Oldskool83