banshee guru needed for keihin 39mm carb jetting

gladesboyz

Okay yall i need serious help. Ive tryed everything i could but something dosent add up. Im running stock bore toomy t5s pyramid reeds dual filters 50;1 br8es plugs timing +4 elevation approx 1200ft..

My issue now and tell me what some dummy was thinking when building this. It has keihin 39mm pkw carbs 150 main 60 pilot dgh needle slide is 6 needle is currently at #2 but ive tryed all 5.

It runs like shit past 1/4 throttle. Bogs pops backfires thru carb. Im dumbfounded. I think i need a bigger main but is this carb to big in general.

I bet you could make it run on those. It would suck though. Wonder why they set it up that way. Maybe it was in a transition stage going bigger? Or it got some parts robbed off it and cobbled back together? Pilot sounds way too big I'd think.

That motor definitely is not making a strong signal on those bigger carbs. Meaning that it's not drawing through the jets with much force. You may need to run a much larger jet to compensate.

Another issue, popping and backfiring through the carb is a reed issue. Those pyramids are old, I bet it's time for new petals. Might as well do newer reeds all together.

• 2 weeks later...

OK need help again. How do I determine where my pilot screw needs to be. The one on the inside of carb. I have it one turn out and my air fuel 1-1/2 turns out. I've teyed the needle in the 3+4th position. Its running rich and the air screw makes no difference. Can I turn the pilot in or out for any difference?