Whats a good starting point?

landonschmidt

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

280 mains should be a good start. 27.5 pilot. Needle clips in the middle.

Fine tune from there.

Gotcha.. I tried uploading a vid of it idling, but its not gonna let it happen.

My next question. If i leave air box lid on, how lean will it actually run with just head pipes. Safe? Not safe?

I do not have stock air filter and i had to modify stock silencers to fit fmfs EC's..so either i run it as is or, it sits in the garage

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Well short story shorter..i got my 280 mains today (still waiting on the pilots). I decided to try the mains out, see how it runs with those.

20min later..mains installed and, airbox removed.. ..i started her up!

Shee ran fine. Til i gave her a bit of throttle, thn the left cylinder quit firing! I started her up again and when i blipped the throttle, the left cyl wants to quit firing....#!!#! But i discovered i can pull the choke out and the left cyl will start firing again...anybody ran into this before? I will be cleaning that carb again, when tomorrow comes.. Anything i should look for?

tors delete.. ftw. does the left cyl only die out when u hit the gas? or on idle also?

I started it up and it idled great for a minute or 2.. Than i blipped the throttle a couple times and left cyl quit firing so i yanked the choke out and blipped th throttle again and it started firing again.

Has brand new topend with about 1.5 gallons of fuel through it.

It ran superb till i changed the jets..