Running Rich & poor after 2 hour ride (had shop rebuild)

Oldskool83

I ordered the jets today as the Yamaha dealer by my work which is 30 miles from home had nothing larger then a 220 mains.  I guess todays 4 strokes and all the FI bikes this jetting at dealers this carb shit is a dying thing.

I got the 30 pilots and 280 mains. If the temps do not hold I will be out of commission with this until spring. I normally ride in temps down to 45 degrees and up to 90 degrees, much more then that wen you get wet makes your feet cold all day long.

I had bought all new gaskets and OEM air boots with all OEM clamps and clips.  I'd think there is no air leak, however I can not preform that lead down test as I do not have those tools.  I think the half assed shop threw it together and collected some cash before they close the doors for good. 

I can try other plugs but this is what came with the bike and what the shop also said to run.  I noticed a few online threads about running the same plugs so only thing I can do is try the ES plugs and see if results are different when I get the jetting closer to the ball park. 

It's not dusty where I ride.  If you do donuts for 30 mins in 1 spot then it will be but if you running up a hill and off to another one there is little dust and its all behind you.  summer months are not even bad.  It's not like a dry MX track in September where I ride...your lucky to see 5 guys out everyday.

Attached below are the photos of the plugs I got 2 hours on with 25 pilots and 310 mains per what JR's cycle shop did.

Thank you for all the help so far.  In a few days I will post any update results.

post-50476-0-14996900-1447777532.jpg

Why only buy one size of jet? Especially since the dealer has none. With that temp swing your gonna need more. Most banshee owners that tune themselves have large brass collections. Also we were refering to the r in the br8eg plug. R means resistor. Stock coils have resistor caps for the plugs. B8eg, egv,es all would work. Just no r. Might be causing weak spark. I think sleeper06 had offered help if you went to him. Might not be a bad idea. He just hooked up another guy on here.

I did check Partzilla's online diagrams and you are correct.  B8ES is a stock plug per partzillas website diagrams.  I didn't know that.

However I know my coil is not stock...it blue like this $30 ones on eBay. It was on the bike new when I got it.

Would that cause any issues and perhaps be the reason the BR8ES plugs were in the bike?  

When we tested for spark we did see what seemed to be good blue sparks.  Tested it at night.

I bought 1 size of jets because after this weekend if I even get them in time I will be out of commission until spring.  I had enough money left in paypal after paying ebay $500 in fees this month for my online business.  Can't buy parts when money is not there.

So that is why I got 1 size and will try it.  Keep a log of findings when I am around the banks again to run the bike..