trinity Stage 4 vs FMF fatties for stock motor

barry1me

Guys I need the best setup dunes and playing around for my 06 stock motor.  I currently have Trinity Stage 4 pipes but my buddies are all saying that the Fatties are better for Dunes and woods riding.  I am still learning about these, so pardon some of my ignorance.  My understanding is the Trinity pipes are more for open riding, and the FMF has a more broad power delivery.  Is this true?

The T5's 10 years ago were good when options were pretty much FMF, Pro Circuit, and Toomey. They allowed a little more RPM, which made a lot of folks happy. But in my experience, they are very lazy feeling off the bottom on anything without lots of compression and timing.

trinity pipe's responds really well to porting and dome changes.  fmf and most other pipes respond ok but work well with mildly built motors.  there are differnt series of the trinitys acording to age when they were built.  i personally like the round silencer cnc milled caps style.   they are also stainless steel pipes.  they dont rust. they dont peel  BUT if you hard mount them they will crack. just like any other pipe.

trinitys really like 400 4 mils and 421 4 mills.   the race fuel 421 i had running trinity made 78ish hp and 55 ft lbs of tq.  it improved more but i never dyno'd it again.  last setup was stock carbs on special domes with pump gas.  bike was a blast to ride. 

• 1 month later...