Just got my first Shee trying to iron out a small issue

barry1me

Hey guys I just picked up an 06 SE with Trinity Stage 4 pipes and Pro flow filter setup, and no lid on it.  I noticed that when starting it for the first 20 seconds or so you have to give it slight throttle on idle to keep it going when choke is on.  Once engine is warm it idles fine.  TORS are still on it, and if possible I want to keep this machine as close to stock as possible.  I noticed the intake was nasty dirty so I took it out cleaned it up, filters and boots were dirty.  Carb had some slight gunk build up in it.  Is this cold idle normal to have to give a tiny bit of throttle so it will idle?  I was told engine is 100% stock, which is a big reason why I bought it.  I am planning to check compression today to get a feel for motor condition.  Once motor is warm it runs good, only thing is I thought it should have more top end but it seems to fall out on 5th and 6th gear...I am wondering if the jetting could be off.

So my question:

-Should a cold stock engine with Trin 4 pipes and stock carbs need a tiny bit of throttle input when cold to keep idling?  

-How hard should top end pull with the correct jetting, stock motor, carbs, with these pipes?  This is my first banshee, and first one I have ever read but I thought it would pull harder.

Thanks

Even if your wanting to keep it fairly stock, you really should look into a tors delete. As far as having to give it some gas at idle, your pilot may need to come up one size or you could try adjusting your air screws some. Kinda depends on the weather it was tuned for and what kind of temps you have now. Unless its real bad, it may not be much of an issue really. I got 2 and both of them you have to play with the throttle some when they are cold

• Like 1

Even if your wanting to keep it fairly stock, you really should look into a tors delete. As far as having to give it some gas at idle, your pilot may need to come up one size or you could try adjusting your air screws some. Kinda depends on the weather it was tuned for and what kind of temps you have now. Unless its real bad, it may not be much of an issue really. I got 2 and both of them you have to play with the throttle some when they are cold

Thanks...I will consider a TORS delete...I just dont want to do the install. lol.  I have google searched jetting for Trinity Stage 4 pipes and I cant find anything.  I am going to call Trinity this afternoon to see if they can help me on that question.

I need to get exhaust leak fixed at heads, and at muffler connection.

The tors delete is easy, you should pull carbs anyway on a new to you bike. Clean carbs, recored jet sizes, leak down is also somethin you should do. Sounds like you gotta pull your pipes anyway, with pipes and carbs off, your 3/4 done with a leakdown test, and you can do tors delete, also replace leaking pipe o rings.

• Like 1

ok guys you are convincing me to remove TORS...stupid question is it easier to syncro the carbs with TORS on or off?  Im trying to keep my cost down is why I didnt want to do the delete, because Im assuming I will need this to sync carbs? http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Snail-Type-Syncrometer-Carb-Sync-Tool-GERMAN-SK-p/ste-sk.htm

You'll sync carb slides by eye, a vacuum gauge is highly recommend to get your idle synced. If you do tors delete you will have to sync your slides anyway when you replace the throttle cable, so don't worry about if its easier to do it before or after you do the delete. It will have to be done after.

Camp is telling you right. Unless someone near you has a vacuum gauge for the carbs, look into buying one from fast racing. $55 I think and it's a very helpful tool. I use mine all the time

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk