Jetting for glamis

Gemeiner

K so I went to glamis last weekend and it ran perfect with the 30 pilots and 310 mains.

So when I got home I dropped to 27.5 pilot and 270 mains. Needle is 2nd from the bottom so it's rich. Powerband and top end is great but idle to powerband sucks.

Turning the air screws in helps the problem but since I'm 1 turn out and still have the problem and the needle is set so rich to begin with, don't you think I should bump it up to 30?

I think I was close on my pilot before with the 30s, never had this problem. But Ill need to purl the the clip higher on the needles for sure

If you rpm's "stays high", that's more than likely a lean rev (or throttle cable/slide sticking, had that happen before)

If its definatly a lean rev, could be caused by air leak or too small pilot. Also you said it sucks until you hit powerband, don't rule out your needle yet. Your pilot and needle gotta be happy with each other at that point

Only reason I don't think it's the needle is because it was only one above the bottom position. I always check the slide and cable cuz I've had that too lol. I wanna say I need the 30 pilots but they worked fine 4000 feet lower than where I am just last weekend so I SHOULD be good with the 27.5s.. just kinda weird