Jetting for glamis

Gemeiner

Since I got it I haven't done a top end on it. So I'm gunna do that this weekend.. I have the stock pistons. Hoping he didn't bore it at all like he said he did. The guy said a lot of shit that I don't believe like only run race fuel and he bored it over and he used to race. But when I got it everything was stock except the pipes and he rode it like a bitch so I don't believe he races.

OK, so for shits and giggles, please list all of your mods.

I saw you're mixing 32:1 with 91 octane.

What oil are you mixing?

I run Yamalube 2R at 16oz to 5 gallons of fuel nets a mix of 40:1.

Been running that ratio since 95 with zero mechanical failures.

32:1 is rich as hell for today's oils.

Rich, well, it's actually lean if you think about it in fuel ppm.

32:1 means for every 1 droplet of oil, you have 32 droplets of fuel.

40:1 increases your fuel to oil ratio.

Make sure your fuel is fresh when you're tuning.

Idle must be dialed in.

I shoot for 1500rpms with an eBay two stroke digital tach and carbs sync'd using a FAST's carb sync tool to measure vacuum during idle and at part throttle, 5500rpms.

Your tuning is primarily done without air filters, so when you put a dirty or over oiled air filter on your motor, it's going to richen up your tune a tiny bit due to less air actually entering the motor due to the dirt/oil restricting airflow.

You want fresh, clean air filter(s), << not sure what your set-up is.

And, you need to do a proper plug chop to dial in your mains.

If you do not know what it is or how to do it, Google "plug chop banshee hq".

How old is your machine?

And if the clown you bought it from was a lying POS, then you really don't know what you have.

Check compression and report back.

Pull both plugs screw in a quality tester, not harbor freight, at a minimum, a Craftsman tester, kick the piss out of it until the needle stops.

Hold the throttle WFO to get as much air in there as possible.

And last but not least build a leakdown tester.

• Like 1

Lot of good info rt there. I was using Yamalube but I've been using am soil dominator for a while.

One uni air filter, no lid . V force 4 reeds pc platinum pipes, 304 silencers for now, stock head for now, other than that I'm just doing suspension rt now. He said it's bored but I don't believe him.

Just bought a tachometer on ebay, looking for a synchronizer, and I'll make a leak down tester. Have a compression tester, idk if I have time before work today tho.

Amsoil Dominator is designed for 50:1.

The compression results seem very high for a stock head at 4k ft asl.

The head has to be shaved and that's why he said to use race gas.

What was the elevation were the previous owner rode?

When you come down to Glamis from 4k ft asl your static compression is going to increase to > 160psi...

Scroll down almost to the bottom of the page to the "Approximate Cranking Compression" table.

http://www.nossmachine.com/banshee_heads.htm

FAST Sync Tool

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=59

So it is in fact safe to run dominator at 50:1? I was always just told to run 32:1 to play it safe. So ill be even richer right?

He's at the same altitude as me. And I've ridden the bike a lot and I've had it for about 11 months and the compression is still high. Is there a way to tell just by looking at the head or no?

So if I go down to glamis I'll need to run race fuel or octane booster I'd assume. And if i did run dominator at 50:1 my jetting would be off further. Lot of factors.

So it is in fact safe to run dominator at 50:1? I was always just told to run 32:1 to play it safe. So ill be even richer right?

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/2-stroke/dominator-synthetic-2-stroke-racing-oil/?code=TDRQT-EA

Half way down the page under applications.

Fuel to oil you'll have 50 ppm of fuel to 1 ppm of oil, so yes, your fuel will be richer and so will the air/fuel ratio.

You'll have more fuel ppm in your air/fuel charge if you go to 50:1, so yes, your jetting will be richer too.

So if I go down to glamis I'll need to run race fuel or octane booster I'd assume. And if i did run dominator at 50:1 my jetting would be off further. Lot of factors.

Yes, you'll need at least 50/50 mix.

Leakdown test your motor and report back.

If you find any leaks, you'll want to address them.

Once you're all sealed up and you're ready to tune, mix a fresh batch of 50/50 race/pump with dominator at 50:1.

Did you confirm your jetting?

Pilots?

What Needles do you have and what clip position?

Mains?

Dial your motor in to your elevation, then tuning for elevation is as easy as changing the mains 1 size per 2k ft elevation change.

Going down from 4k ft to sea level would require richening up the mains two jet sizes.

You might need to fatten the needle a touch, but with 30 pilots that thing has got to be a pig at 4k ft and will get better asl.

Then once your close you might need to tweak the airscrews a touch to get the throttle to snap off idle.