alky jetting

mx1986

I've got a 421 cub with 39mm pwks with a .109 main timing a +8 with 17cc shelf domes. I've got a digatron on the bike and still only getting to just under 1000 degrees with the pj's closed. I'm just curious to how small some of your guys main jets are to achieve that 1100 to 1300 egts. My plugs are still not even showing a heat mark. I went down from a .116 to a .109 and only picked up 70 degrees egts.

Those are some small domes.

No reason to need a main that small AND pjs closed. Even with 0.120" dumps you should have heat on the plugs. Assuming EGN or similar needle. Making the mains much smaller than the dump probably won't do much. The motors not getting loaded or something. Are these 300 ft runs? I agree with adding some timing but something else is up. What pipes? What's the compression (psi)? Is it ported?

My buddy is having similar issues. He also has 39pwk's .120 dumps .110 mains. Carbs ran fine on a 4mil cub with pj's 3 turns out on average at our local track. He now has a 10 mil cub at 195psi. It will rev fine in neutral but once you leave the line under load it won't clear out unless the pj's are closed down to about 1 turn out. I'm not familiar with alcohol so it scares me having the pj that far closed especially knowing the 4 mil ran them opened up much more. both motors had BB shearer oof pipes. any words of wisdom would be appreciated

I just dialed in a 421 cub with 39 pwk alky carbs . I ended up with a 60 pilot .122 dump/ main egn needle 2nd clip , power jets drilled to .096 4 turns out so far on pj heated the plugs up, every motor will want a lil diffrent set up start 6 turns out and squeeze it down slow

Motor has rdz pipes and the ports have been cleaned up. Not sure on the needle will have to check it. The carbs came off a rmk 700 snowmobile that I drilled out the dumps and installed a powerjet setup for pulse pump. The domes are 17cc bought off ebay probably trinity can't remember.