Whos running Serval/Cub cylinders,PWK's & stock air box ?

Craig_b

As per the title, whos running a serval/cub,pwk carbs and a stock airbox?
went to fit up my air box today but its a bit off, my set up is serval cylinders, 35mm PWK's, UPP intakes. as you can see in the photo its a bit off, maybe i could rotate the carb end of the air box 180 degrees to get a better angle ?
let me know if you have come across this and how you fixed it please.

PA040437_zpsre7wmpvr.jpg

Get pods, problem solved.

There are other front half sections you can get for the air box and adaptors from the carb to new front section, but it's a considerable investment with out being a definite fix.

If you're worried about mud/water, get some aluminum or stainless sheet metal and bend up a custom shroud that keeps all the funk out

Get pods, problem solved.

There are other front half sections you can get for the air box and adaptors from the carb to new front section, but it's a considerable investment with out being a definite fix.

If you're worried about mud/water, get some aluminum or stainless sheet metal and bend up a custom shroud that keeps all the funk out

no sand here for me to ride on, lots of mud and water and i dont steer clear of it, crossing shallow rivers and streams isnt uncommon on rides. and i cant say no to doing some donuts in mud, especially when someone is going to wear your roost's

cut the tabs that hold the air box in the front off. get some hose and pow..

even cutting the tabs off would still make it line up like shit i think, ive got some carb to airbox adaptors. bit guttered the people i have bought the parts off have never mentioned that i would have dramas running a stock airbox with the carb/intake manifold combo i have.

ill try messing with the stock airbox as ive already bought a pro design/uni filter intake kit which aint cheap enough to just throw away in favor of some pods. but if i have too ill just build my own airbox

You can make it work. Just cut the stock tabs off the frame and make your own or zip tie the air box off the frame rails. Ain't gonna be pleasant or pretty.

about to go have a look at it now, will see what i can do. just thought there may have been another manifold etc that may have suited better before chopping airbox or frame. cheers though

Got it sorted now. If the front of the air box sits ontop of the mount it lines up sweet and will stay supported aswell. Fliping the outlet of the airbox dosnt work either. The middle holes that screw it down are offset for some crazy reason