need help dull sound and right cyl cuts out

Darkblade

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will happen if they are swapped and is the bb on the outside of the bowl or inside

It's actually a jet of sorts, it's on the inside, of the choke side bowl. Cant really explain it, but theres a tube type deal casted into the bowl, this tube is on each bowl but only the choke side has the piece in question. Do a search on it for pictures,

Ok the slides are in the correct way the choke tube is on and secure the float bowls are on the correct carb i just put new plugs in and there is still a missfire on the right side at idle but when i hit the gas the right side shoots extra smoke out the pipe due to the extra fuel sitting in the cyl from the missfire

When im riding low and mid rpms its kinda sluggish but when it hits pwrband its better but the pwrband doesnt seem as strong as it should ive synced the carbs just cheked the comp and its 120 in both cyls i dont know whats wrong could this be caused by the stator or is there anything elts that would cause this

Thanks for all the help

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of shape are your reeds in?

If you remove the fuel linesfrom the carbs, do they flow freely when you turn the gas on?

Are the vent lines on the carbs plugged. Are they able to vent?

reeds are brand new vf4s and yes gas flows freely

sounds electrical to me.

i was told that it was electrical so i replaced the stator with a race tech the coil isn't bad either or the problem would follow the plug wire ever since i replaced the stator it seems better but it doesn't seem to have the power it should it is real sluggish until it hits pwr band and the pwr band doesn't seem to be as strong either could it be the port timing because i bought the cyls pre ported off eBay and had them bored i am running a 4mil long rod with a cool head and the spacer plate i want to get some new domes cut and ditch the plate when i get some spare cash