Sea level tuning

I just bought another banshee after taking a break from riding for around 5 years. I still have all my old jets and tuning stuff anyway this banshee is all stock other than toomey t5 exhaust, cool head (unsure of which domes it has) boyesen reeds, and 34mm Keihin carbs. Brand new br8es plugs . I just put in a adjustable timing plate and set it at +4. It has 168 mains in it. I am at sea level. It runs real congested. Once I get into 3rd and 4th gear wide open it starts to clear out but once killed I have to do that all over. The clip was set at the second from the top groove. I have never ran pod filters before, this banshee has twin k&n pods and so far I'm not too sure I like them for th dusty and humid and wet climate we have here. I have a aluminum air box I want to install I just need to buy new shorter pod filters for it. Anyway what setting should I be using for my listed accessories? I'm kind of wondering if the carbs I have are too much for the stock unported jugs. What do you guys think? Thanks

It has no mid or top end at all. I want to say my old banshee had 160 mains in it but I'm not positive. It also had the 34mm carbs. I think winter I am going to tear down the engine and rebuild everything I wouldn't mind getting s port job done too but in the mean time I just want to get this thing dialed in

Update I just pulled the plugs out and they aren't black yet since they are new but have a bit of fuel on them. She definitely needs to be leaned out I'm just not sure which position to go with the clip or how many sizes to change on the main and pilot

Edited by slag_350300

I just went thru my jet collection and the jets I need are missing I left them in my last banshee when I sold it. I have two size 50 pilots and two 158 mains. I'm gonna try that out and see how it does. My buddy left for havasu today I'm gonna have him stop by the shop and pick up some more jets probably 155, 160 and 162 to be safe, also what other sizes pilots should I get to have on hand ? I have one 48, one 52, two 55s, and two 58s

50 pilot jet

Needle second from bottom

155 main

Choke knob 7- 7 1/2 turns out from seated.

I tried turnin the choke knob and it didn't do anything do I need to turn the black plastic nut on the base of the choke assembly ? Or twist the actual choke knob?

For some reason in my phone t won't let me edit the posts. I apologize for all the replies in advance

It sounds like one cylinder is always firing and the mag side only breathes when I accelerate. I did a visual on the carb slides with the filters off and they both slide at the exact same time the carbs have been cleaned out real good the reeds looked fine. Kinda wondering if I should just set it back to stock timing and try it out then.