Alky Plug Read

B22

Alright guys. Was trying to lean out my needle a little today on the lectrons but I can't seem to get them to do anything. They're set at 47.5.

I had the slide out and pushed the needle up and turned it either way and the measurement won't change at all. I'm talking 10 turns each way which would obviously change something, but measurement stayed right on 47.5. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by B22

grab needle with clean flat needle nose and twist the slide either all the way or any variation of 90 degrees. Then push up and rotate the needle and keeper back to where they need to be so the face the proper direction.

So the least you could turn them would be 1/4?

• 2 weeks later...

6a15fedb546a865fc361e081a0276d8a.jpg92df7a199b6045d584af747965f7fa4a.jpg

Ok, checked plugs again. Left side is showing heat, right side is showing a little, but not as much as the left.

If you can't tell by the pictures, I've got a ring from 3-9 which is ideal from what I've understood.

The right plug is showing less heat but I can make out where it's starting to show but nothing satisfying enough...

So, both my needles are set to 49mm (I leaned both of them out from 48.5) and the PJs are both set to 5 turns out. I think I'm getting closer than I was for sure.

Should I tune the right side separately? And if so, would I need a PJ adjustment on that side? Maybe lean it by a 1/2 turn and throw some fresh plugs? I got the needles set to where I can get it to rev out just by wrapping it about 2-3 good times.

Hopefully the pictures are good enough to where you guys can give advice. If not I can try to get better ones.

Edited by B22

The timing marks look decent. They are a little below the arch in the strap (if that's the name for it). It's at +6, is that around the common timing usually used, or could I benefit from advancing a tad more? I read right in the bend would be ideal.