4mm Dune Port Stk Cyl... DMC's vs SLP's vs Pro Circuit's w/296 Silencers?

Strm Trpr

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ya they suck a bit more fuel. The cub does anyway. I think that was part of the reason the guy I got this from sold it. If you've got one of cams motors already I wouldn't think you'd see a big gain goin to a serval unless you were to have him port one.

Dave, I have never tried SLP on my bike but the guy I buy parts off runs them and he is hard to beat on hill climb. I like them because the power come on super hard and makes big torque. I also like SLP because they seem to work with small and bigger motors.

What size motor does your parts guy have, who ported it and what type of porting?

I have a redline 4mil play port and have sold my PC for CPI's. I just picked up some Snipers and will see how they work on my 370.

Redline 4mil Play Port is exactly what I'm going to build.

However, a 4mil 64mm bore motor is 373cc, is this what you mean by 370, or are you talking long rod stock stroke 66mm bore 370?

I am on the fence about going 421 since reading the gas mileage issues with them so curious to see if you think the upgrade is worth it.

According to Jay, guy Dave bought the Serval from, jetted his motor fat because he likes to night ride Glamis.

Temps can swing as much as 40*-50* in Glamis between day and night, and I'm sure it's more  drastic in the summer months.

So, if you night ride a lot and you don't want to worry about running the bike lean at night, then you end up being jetted fat during the day.

This may have been a big reason why Jay was experiencing poor fuel econ.

I'm going to build a Redline 4mil Dune Port with all of my current mods.

If my riding buddy decides to go with SLP's, I'm gonna have to throw them on and find out how T5's and SLP's compare.

And if dave5.0 sells his PC's for a decent price, I may look into those too.

Stm trooper, yes my bike is a long Rod 373.

I don't know what is done to the guys bike other than SLP and a smaller front sprocket which gives him a killer hole shot with the pipes.

loved my bike with the PC pipes and those pipes do make more tq than the average. I know it's going to run better with the CPI but real curious as to what the Snipers will do as they where developed for 421 and up. I know JD had a good luck when he tried them.

Redline dune port

Stock carbs

Coolhead

Lightend flywheel

Unknown size domes

Lock out clutch

Fun little motor, plenty of low end for me even with the cpis.

Advancing the timing here soon & putting on my 28's & some vf4's here soon.

It was built by the people I bought it off from so no dyno sheets. I do plan on taking it to cam somtime soon for a before & after run. Yeah they told me about 65hp. Its such a fun play motor, still trying to figure out the gearing I like though.