4mm Dune Port Stk Cyl... DMC's vs SLP's vs Pro Circuit's w/296 Silencers?

Strm Trpr

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just slapped jayz350xzzkxndns or whatever his screen names is old old 421 serval on my 4 mill bottom end. Just has little 28 pwks vf3s and inframe snipers on it. Haven't ridden it yet. This weekend is goin to be the 1st trip. So not sure how the snipers will do but I think on this cylinder they'll prob be pretty good.

Nice, that'll be bitchin!!

Be sure and post your results some where.

Ya I know deadbeat. Rjayb has shearers on his ported serval and they work well so we'll see. If they suck I've got these other sets of pipes I can try out. The dune ported big bore cylinders ran good with the pro circuits but I never tried other pipes before I popped a dome. I tried my passion cub on pro circuits and it still sucked to dune like a cub does. Even with smaller carbs on it. So I'm hoping with the different port timings of this serval that'll change a bit.

• Like 1

well it was only what he said to dirtydownunder when he was asking to buy a set for his serval, that the port timings were wrong, he obviously hadnt tested them on servals at that point in time

since Shearers and CPI pipes do well on servals i feel Snipers should do well too, maybe even better

dave I would like to know how much better you like the 421 over your dune port and the difference in mpg, when you do ride it.

To the OP I really liked my PC pipes and they do well when you upgrade the engine. Nice mid range pipe,,,,but still like SLP

What mods are you running with the SLP's gusto?

well it was only what he said to dirtydownunder when he was asking to buy a set for his serval, that the port timings were wrong, he obviously hadnt tested them on servals at that point in time

since Shearers and CPI pipes do well on servals i feel Snipers should do well too, maybe even better

I can't tell you that I've been experimenting with that passion 421 that those snipers were supposed to be designed around. It was supposed to be a dunable motor with a monster top end. I haven't ridden an as cast cub but I'm guessing from what I've seen from the dyno sheets that they probably ride similar to this turd. I know horsepower is about the same. The mid range and low-end on this thing sucks balls. It will have a horrible bog and if you don't clean it out correctly you'll never get it to come out of it. That was with snipers and 35's. So I took the information that the latest wonder builder was throwing out ol grand river Guy and put a set of pro circuits and 28s on it. Guess what? It still sucked balls it just wasn't as fast. I remember that guy saying a ported cylinder is ported cylinder it's the pipe that defines how it rides and runs. I went all over the board with jetting and got nowhere. So I'm trying a different approach with the serval. I'm no builder by any stretch I'm just throwing parts together. But I think I'm going to call bullshit on that porting theory. Will find out this weekend with the serval but I know how the stock cylinder dune ported bike ran it was way more fun to ride when you're just playing in the dunes. I'm hoping for the same outcome with the serval but maybe a little more on top.

Dave, I have never tried SLP on my bike but the guy I buy parts off runs them and he is hard to beat on hill climb. I like them because the power come on super hard and makes big torque. I also like SLP because they seem to work with small and bigger motors.

I have a redline 4mil play port and have sold my PC for CPI's. I just picked up some Snipers and will see how they work on my 370. I am on the fence about going 421 since reading the gas mileage issues with them so curious to see if you think the upgrade is worth it.