4mm Dune Port Stk Cyl... DMC's vs SLP's vs Pro Circuit's w/296 Silencers?

Strm Trpr

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mods:

Pods w/outerwears

28mm PWK's

Stk Intakes w/crossover

VF2's

Unknown Porting by Joe Machado from Precision Porting in Stockton, CA

65.25 bore w/Wisecos

Pro Design OTS 21cc Domes

+4* Timing

Toomey T3's

Tuning is spot on.

Motor is all mid-top.

Top ends seems like it pulls forever.

The more thumb you give the higher she revs.

He's a heavier guy at 250 w/gear on and he wants a little more bottom-end.

He likes the top end power, but for the technical dune carving we do it's a lot of work to keep her on the pipe.

What's everyone's take on T3's, and would he benefit from making a pipe swap?

He likes T5's but I told him everyone says there are better pipes out there.

So I mentioned SLP's and DMC's.

Bike is strictly a Duner and when she let's go, Redline will build him a fresh bore 4mm Dune Port Stk Cyl or possibly a Driveline motor.

I've had T3 and not fan at all! Way to much work staying on the pipe for my dune ridding. Swapped for some FMF fatties they're great all around pipe and still rev out. I have some SLP pipes they pull hard down low just don't rev out on top! Haven't had PC or DMC so unable to comment on them.

You can get T5 and FMF used for cheep. I like getting used pipes and trying them out if I don't like them I can sell for same price or more so I'm out nothing!

Edited by monster
  • Like 2

any pipe metioned will be better than the t3.  t5 would be better .  but SLP will deff give a lot more bottom end.  the guy may not even miss the 500rpm on top he is used to.  depending on porting t6 might work well also. pro circuits are usually easy to find used for decent $$$   cpi might be a good choice.  maybe do some looking for cheaper pipes and try out a few sets.   with slp you can probably go up a tooth on the front also. 

We have a trip planned to Pismo Labor Day weekend.

I'm trying to get him to pull the trigger on something so he can have more fun riding the way we do.

I'm pulling my T5's for some maintenance, so he can try them out if he wants.

They're in good shape. Just took them off my duner. I'll polish then before I sell them. They'll all get that treatment. They've just got the newer I think 304 silencers with polished cans and no stickers.

Nice, PM me your asking price shipped to 94571.

Curious, what are your mods and what pipes are you running on your Duner now?

Just slapped jayz350xzzkxndns or whatever his screen names is old old 421 serval on my 4 mill bottom end. Just has little 28 pwks vf3s and inframe snipers on it. Haven't ridden it yet. This weekend is goin to be the 1st trip. So not sure how the snipers will do but I think on this cylinder they'll prob be pretty good.