rejet to Vforce 4

so I just got vforce 4 reeds. I was running 310 mains with 27.5 pilots, air box with no lid at 4000 feet. stock motor. ran great.

after I put the reeds on, I put 330 mains on it but left the pilots the same. it idles high and fast and the rpms seem to slowly climb sometimes.

the carbs are synced, I checked the cables, checked the slides.

what do you think? bump it to 30 pilots? seems to idle fast but lower pitched with the choke pulled but it seemed better.

do you think the main jet needs to be 330 with the new reeds or can I go back down to 310?

I haven't done a leakdown test yet but I with my Toomey t5s it ran 330s with 27.5 pilot and was jetted perfect for my altitude. done by Duncan racing. when I went to pro circuit pipes I had to go down to 310s and the plugs looked perfect.

but the temperature is crazy here. it averages 30-50 F in the winter and 80-115 in the summer. so when its cold my jetting makes more sense lol.

There has been a lot of V4 reeds that have been coming defective.  Buddy just threw them on his CR250 and he could not get the thing to run worth a shit.  Tried everything and finally pulled the cage out.  Had already cracked.  Called Moto T and they sent him out a new set, said they had been getting a bunch of calls.  Might not be your prob but don't chase your tail too long before you check them.

• Like 1

OP, glad you sorted it out

I'll post this for any one else in your shoes. Definitely need to go heavy on the pilot with the VF4 and up one maybe two sizes on main. Why is there so much info on this but every one just ignores the part about changing pilot and wonders why it won't run right?

Also, Harry Balzonya. Who did you speak with at Moto T? This is the first I've heard of the issue. They should get atleast a hard season or two before coming apart, and with the amount of winter riding I do, I wouldn't expect much more then that.

OP, glad you sorted it out

I'll post this for any one else in your shoes. Definitely need to go heavy on the pilot with the VF4 and up one maybe two sizes on main. Why is there so much info on this but every one just ignores the part about changing pilot and wonders why it won't run right?

because windy said it 6 months before the reeds were even released. He was right.