340 Jets Plug Chop and Plug read opinion

I finally got back to my project a little bit.  See it at http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/146660-90-banshee-total-rebuild-project/  It may be only a little bit of progress here and there, but im gonna try to stick with it as life allows.

I got it running and am trying to dial in the jetting.  To my knowledge the motor mods are...

Crank - Possibly, but not for sure

Ported

Reeds - Believe they are aftermarket

Exhaust - Bills Pipes

Timing - Believe it is approx 4 deg advance

Air - K&N seperate direct mount pods

Carbs - stock with 30 pilots and currently 340 mains

Plugs - B8ES

Stator and Coil - Believe it is stock

Location - Nebraska

Temp - 80F

When i got it, it had a hole burned in one of the pistons and was jetted with 280's.  I tried 300's then 320's and finally 340's and was not getting any noticeable bog or performance drop.  I do think it is running cooler now, with the 280's it seemed to be hot.  The brownish plugs were used but the jets were put in progressively larger until 340's.  The plug chop was done with the 340's.

It starts very easy and idles wonderfully with the speed screws barely lifting the slides at all.  Idle mix screws at 1 1/2 turns out.

What do you guys think about the plugs and plug chop?  I am kinda thinking i could go richer yet, but at the same time, i think im there and going larger than 340 seems like too much for this setup.  i want to make sure it dont burn up another piston but dont want to get it too rich.  Looking to jet it decently or slightly rich at this temp so i can ride it at 100F or 60F without messing with jets.

It also seems like the plug might be a little hot?  Maybe should go with a B9ES or BR9ES (i think next time I order plugs, im going to get resistor plugs.  I also need to get some proper plug cap/boots as these have no resistor protection either.

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

Edited by 90Bansheedude