jetting size help

96 banshee, 545ft above sea, with tors, fmf fatty exhaust, kn pods, stock carbs 260 main, 30 pilot.. banshee was running fine.. removed the tors black box computer, kick started idled smooth and fine...installed tors eliminator new throttle cable tors idle screw new carb caps, and a pair of boyesen dual stage power reeds.. put the shee back together and now shee wont start :( can this be a jetting issue? if so what size should i run?? how tight should air screw be? help would be great, thanks

Main jets should be more in the 290-300 range pilot should be ok 1 turn out from seated I'm gonna guess you created an air leak with the reed install , choke tube in there?

Yes choke tube was connected overflow tubes as well. I'm going to order some bigger main jets and go from there, any suggestions anyone else? i got new reed gaskets in the mail as well

Unplug TORS brain, left frame by tank, 3wire plug???

i unplugged the brain before i even started to install eliminator, after removing brain i kicked it and it cranked after a kick or two and idled fine. i cleaned my carbs out one at a time so ik my bowls are correct slides are fine and even with throttle pull, i jus removed my reeds and checked them again seen i had a reed spacer and removed that, cuz i didnt hear too much good about those. 290main jet is on its way in the mail. im going to try again with these 260s tho.

Might want to check that plugs are dry, and see if you have a nice blue spark.

Don't know if it was running with the 260s before, but what's the reasoning of fucking around with the wrong jets?

it was running 260s before i installed new dual stage reeds and tors eliminator kit, i ended up having the float bowls and slides on wrong, fixed that problem but still will not start, how can you check if the fuel is getting to your cylinders?? here are my spark plugs, they still have spark, the right was jus slightly wet idk why one is darker than the other but like i said my shee was running before i tried to update it

96 spark plugs

96 spark plugs

• 2 weeks later...

You gotta look at the whole picture. . What mains are you running? What altitude are you at? What pilot (slow) jets you running? Are you running to rich or too lean? All this plays a factor.. if you are gonna run 260 main I would go smaller pilot maybe a 25 possibly a 27.5.. I had a similar situation.. settled on a 310 main with 27.5 pilot..

Edited by Elduran97

*UPDATE* banshee has bog at take off/low rpm. i filed the bosses on the carb down so i can see the idle screws raise the slides from cylinder side when disconnected from intake boot. turned my idle up high and worked on the air/screws the bike seems to have a higher rpm as i screw out the screws at 1.5 turns out and further (bog seems to not be too relevant when riding with a higher idle) then ill turn my idle back down rev it (sounds crisp) ride it still low rpm bog, and if i WOT it bogs then i have to feather tap the throttle to get around it or just clutch slip. my needle is on the 3rd clip(stock) i've ordered some 32.5pilots but im wondering if i need to go to 27.5?? my fmf pipes say use 30/260 which is whats in currently, also, my tailpipe is leaking oil one more than the other, the one leaking more oil has a darker look on the spark plug which is making me believe i am RICH?? but the low rpm bog makes me think i am LEAN smh has anybody a situation such as mine that can help me?

boyesen dual stage power reeds

550ft

70-85degrees

fmf exhaust/silencer

k&n pods

tors eliminator

cross-over tube

stock carbs

Edited by WheelieDee

Those 260 mains are for the FMF pipes only, and having the pods on makes the 260's too lean.  27.5 pilot, and 1.5 turns out on the air screw should get you in the ballpark to start.  Do a leak-down test before you do anything else, or you'll be chasing your tail for days on this.